Trouble with basic e-mail setup

kafin8ed

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had an LG G2 for a few weeks now. Love this phone, BUT. I got my work e-mail set up right away using the basic Email app and a pop account, all is good, but I want to set up my personal e-mail also & I can't get it to work. Both accounts worked great on my iphone and my ipad and my macbook pro and my Droid before that. I know how to set up a pop account but this app is stupid it doesn't let me troubleshoot it by setting it up halfway (incoming server only/no outgoing) & it doesn't give me any other feedback as to what's wrong. THe only thing I notice is, although I've always used pop mail for this account before, the imcoming server actually starts with mail.XXXXXX instead of pop.XXXXXX this hasn't been a problem before but maybe that's it? If so what's the workaround? I don't see many options with this app. Do you think I need a more sophisticated mail app? If so then which one? I HAVE to get my personal e-mail on this phone!

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the K-9 email app. I've had zero problems with it. I have my work and personal accounts set up in it. I'm sure others will have some suggestions too, but that one might be worth a shot.

Sent from my VZW LG G2 using Tapatalk.

daitsuwamono

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The provider of your e-mail account should have instructions on what server names and ports you should be using somewhere in the help/support section of their website. If you can't find the answer, it might help to let us know what your mail-server domain is (you can keep your username private), especially if it's something widely used, like Yahoo! or Windows Live Mail.

In any case, K-9 Mail has a more robust feature-set than stock Android mail clients. The icon is ugly, but the app sure gets the job done.

kafin8ed

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
k9 mail fixed the problem, or at least made the problem easier to diagnose because it's easier to separate the incoming and outgoing server settings to isolate where the problem is. Great app!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463