Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 GPS and Pandora Bluetooth Issues

Got my G2 on Wed and its been great so far but these are the only two things really bothering me.

1. GPS Does not work well at all, google nav cannot give me directions. Using GPS test it can see many satellites but it just doesn't connect to them. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Pandora does not work that well, on my HU in my Car I have to touch the volume to get the song to start working, but once it changes songs it stops and I have to touch the volume again. Google Play Music app works flawlessly. Anyone else experience this?

Default Re: LG G2 GPS and Pandora Bluetooth Issues

Do you have any Yahoo apps? I've seen several posts here and elsewhere connecting Yahoo apps with GPS issues. I got two plain vanilla Verizon G2's and the GPS is instant on both.
    I've used CGeo, Google Maps, Navigation, Google Earth, and Gas Buddy and all find me quickly and in the proper place (Something my recently retired Droid 3 rarely did)....

Sorry, to answer 2nd question, I've got Sirius, so don't use any streaming tunage.....
    Last edited by DGoebel57; 11-01-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: duplicate
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel57 View Post
    Do you have any Yahoo apps? I've seen several posts here and elsewhere connecting Yahoo apps with GPS issues. I got two plain vanilla Verizon G2's and the GPS is instant on both.
    I've used CGeo, Google Maps, Navigation, Google Earth, and Gas Buddy and all find me quickly and in the proper place (Something my recently retired Droid 3 rarely did)....
    Unfortunately I do not have any Yahoo apps.

I think I'll just backup and factory reset and see how that works.

You've probably already done this, but I'd suggest a full reboot. I've heard of that fixing GPS issues in the past. Toggling GPS on/off can help on some phones as well. For me, the GPS performance has been better than my past phones (so far).

I haven't had any similar issues with Pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post

2. Pandora does not work that well, on my HU in my Car I have to touch the volume to get the song to start working, but once it changes songs it stops and I have to touch the volume again. Google Play Music app works flawlessly. Anyone else experience this?
    Having this exact issue with a bluetooth speaker. I am constantly fiddling with the volume, and it actually makes using bluetooth pointless.

In my car, the Bluetooth disconnects constantly. Its getting really annoying. Were you ever able to find anything else out about it?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by thevaristy View Post
    Having this exact issue with a bluetooth speaker. I am constantly fiddling with the volume, and it actually makes using bluetooth pointless.

In my car, the Bluetooth disconnects constantly. Its getting really annoying. Were you ever able to find anything else out about it?
    I ended up flashing CM and it fixed everything

Thank you. Was hoping it would not have to come to that, but I will do it if I must. Surprised more people arent having problems if it is software related.

Did the CM fix your issue? I am having the same issue with my 2012 Toyota blue tooth connection. OR did you find any other fix.

I've been having GPS issues too. Google Maps and MapQuest cannot get a lock on my location. Verizon made me install VZ Navigstor to troubleshoot with them and that didn't work either. The phone will bounce back and forth between 2 towers and never find a 3rd. As far as stand alone GPS, its nonexistent. I am on my 4th G2 with no luck. I even tried 2 display units at Verizon and they couldn't get a lock either so thats 6 G2's I can confirm dont work. Verizon seems to think there is something wrong with the data profile on my account. I disagree and think it's a problem with these phones that either they dont want to admit or enough people don't know it doesn't work so they haven't complained. I am on 4.4.2. If it ever gets fixed ill let you know.