100 battery charge isn't always the same...

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if I'm the only one.

If I leave my phone on the charger for say 30 min to an hour after it says 100% charged it holds that 100% for a while....say a couple hours.

If I take it off right after it says 100% the percentage falls down to 99 rather quickly.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if I'm the only one.

If I leave my phone on the charger for say 30 min to an hour after it says 100% charged it holds that 100% for a while....say a couple hours.

If I take it off right after it says 100% the percentage falls down to 99 rather quickly.

The percentage I believe is based on average use over a set period of time. If true, that would explain why it discharges quickly one time and longer the next.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No I know that. What I'm saying is that if I leave it on the charger and with almost identical usage it holds the 100% charge longer if it's kept on the charger for a while after it says it's fully charged.

So say if I leave it on for a while it's almost like 105% or 110%. Think of it as squeezing some extra gas in your gas tank after the pump kicks it off.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It's not necessarily extra gas, it's how the system displays 100%. The green light comes on early 99% of the time to prevent overcharging if I remember correctly. It's also a possibility the battery hasn't had enough cycles to have a solid point of 100%. Same reason they tell you to leave an extended battery on the charge for extra time after the green appears.

Sent from Xperia Note

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
... What I'm saying is that if I leave it on the charger and with almost identical usage it holds the 100% charge longer if it's kept on the charger for a while after it says it's fully charged.

So say if I leave it on for a while it's almost like 105% or 110%. Think of it as squeezing some extra gas in your gas tank after the pump kicks it off.
It would not be impossible ... the phone's charging control has the Li-Ion cells' max charging voltage of 4.2V just to increase to 4.3V for charging to 110%.
But LG would embark on dangerous territory ... see Table 4 & 5 of Battery University's article ....
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Therefore I don't think that this could be the cause for your finding.
But to be sure you could install a battery monitor app like Battery Monitor Widget, the app would log the battery's voltage, even as a graph by time.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc