Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Adawg1203
  • 1 Post By Jrid32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG g2 display versus galaxy s3

Not sure if it's just me but the display on my galaxy s3 seems brighter and more pronounced than that of the g2. Has anyone else noticed that? Another difference is the viewing angle is much better on the Samsung.

I have not completely customized the g2 yet like my s3 so maybe once I do that the photos I use for wallpaper will pop on the lg. It's an early observation and I have a long way to go yet figuring out the g2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Default Re: LG g2 display versus galaxy s3

That is odd. The G2 has an IPS lcd display which is naturally more real and not over saturated like AMOLED displays.
    The G2 display should be way brighter and have much better viewing angles. Especially in sunlight.
    What are your display settings on?

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

That is weird indeed as the G2 has one of the very best displays in business.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

My G2 display is a ton better than my S3 was.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have the brightness set to 60% and auto brightness on. I now have downloaded my photos and videos to the g2 and they look great. The whites are better for sure on the g2 and Web content looks better and much sharper. I really think it's probably me adjusting to a new display after life with the S3. The G2 seems to be a great device and so far so good with it. It loves fingerprints on its backside!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    adauth likes this.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

The auto brightness will override the 60% setting. Even my wife (who doesn't usually notice these things) saw the G2 as much better than my S3. There is no comparison between the two phones, faster, better battery life (if only because it has a bigger battery), better signals (both WiFi and LTE are better and faster), better cell reception (had problems with the S3 dropping calls, no problems with the G2), and even better bluetooth (the S3 would cause a stutter in my bluetooth headset when playing music or podcasts - no problems with the G2. This phone is a massive upgrade from the S3 and my issues with the S3 made the S4 a non-candidate for upgrade (didn't even need to put it on the maybe list).

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adawg1203 View Post
    Not sure if it's just me but the display on my galaxy s3 seems brighter and more pronounced than that of the g2. Has anyone else noticed that? Another difference is the viewing angle is much better on the Samsung.

I have not completely customized the g2 yet like my s3 so maybe once I do that the photos I use for wallpaper will pop on the lg. It's an early observation and I have a long way to go yet figuring out the g2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    The auto-brightness on the GS3 was almost perfect except in the dark (where it was just a tidge too bright). The display gets much brighter on the G2 and is easier to see in the sun, but the auto brightness kinda goes nuts on the G2 sometimes. My G2's display is kind of pink, and my GS3's display is kind of green (compared to a white sheet of photo paper)...so it's a wash there. Colors are shockingly very similarly saturated between the two displays. The GS3's Super amoled has better contrast, black levels, and viewing angles than the IPS in the G2, but the G2's is more energy efficient, and of course the resolution is better. The usable size of both screens in normal usage is pretty much identical. I hate the on-screen buttons. Probably going to return the phone because of the on screen buttons, even though I got the phone for only the $30 upgrade fee.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Both phones have fantastic screens. The color saturation on the GS3 gives it a very rich and full beautiful look. I do like the G2 screen a little better.....mainly because I can actually see it outdoors in the sun. Also, because the battery kicks major **** on the G2, I have the brightness cranked up to 100% without worrying about it killing my battery. To enjoy that on my GS3, I had to buy and extended battery, which certainly wasn't without it's drawbacks. The PPI on the G2 is also vastly superior, making the images so clear and small text a breeze to read.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Night (SG3) and Day (G2) difference...
    Kdroid likes this.