Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LGElectronics
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Texting issues with Verizon LG G2

I've had my phone for about a month, and so far I love it. Other then issues with squeaking and other noises during calls, this is the best phone EVER. So now I'm having issues when I receive and send text messages. When I'm looking at a sent or received message, some of the words or letters are cut off. For example, my friend sent me a message saying "What are ya'll going to do?" but when I looked at the message later it said "What...ya'll going to do". Is anyone else having that issue? The only way I realized what was going on was to copy and paste the message in the input box and everything was there. Can it be fixed or is this just a problem with the phone?? It does seem that when I scroll up and back down, it's corrected but not always.

Default Re: Texting issues with Verizon LG G2

Try reseting all your settings to default.
    Last edited by StaticVoidz; 11-18-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Forgot the smiley face

Hello usm2014,

Sorry you are having issues with your G2. This is going to be a software issue. You can take your phone to a store locally to have the software flashed or simply do a factory reset yourself. With the factory rest, you want to be sure to back up your phone as you will lose everything on the device.

Hope this helps,
    ^CL
    Ruby Hernandez likes this.

I am actually having the exact same problem but it's when I send messages and it gets me thinking that maybe the other person can't read the message so I end up resending it. It happened with my first g2 and now it's happening with my replacement. It's a complete pain in the **** honestly.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Have you tried using Hangouts instead of the stock messenger for texting? It seems to be better about not getting so flaky when you have a bunch of sms messages like Android seems to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Try Chomp SMS great texting app, and its free.