Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon call quality fix!!! Finally

IVE DONE IT!!!!!! IVE FIXED IT!!!!! I felt every bit of anger and disgust as all of you OMFG im disappointed with LG customer services and this is the last LG electronic device I shall purchase in my life again... SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon Wireless Only from your dial pad type this in ##PROGRAM980 then press Send or Call. It will ask for a service key, the code is 000000 and after you type it in a menu will pop up, select FIELD TESTS, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO VOICE SO. I chose 13 QCELP and its crystal clear, but it can vary depending where you live, TRY ALL 3 before you stop. YOU MUST POWER CYCLE DEVICE AFTER SELECTION EACH TIME. As stated the 13QCELP is so clear for me its like a new phone. OMFG WAIT.. THIS IS A NEW PHONE, MY 3RD IN 4 DAYS. Agaain please try each of them before settling there is 3 options. EVRC Software in this device seems to have software issues in my opinion. But in your area it could be better than 13 QCELP. DO NOT SELECT WILD CARD WHICH IS DEFAULT.
    xr6

Default Re: Verizon call quality fix!!! Finally

thats strange my 3 setting are , home page so, home orig.so, roam orig.so

Quote Originally Posted by Live Rider View Post
    IVE DONE IT!!!!!! IVE FIXED IT!!!!! I felt every bit of anger and disgust as all of you OMFG im disappointed with LG customer services and this is the last LG electronic device I shall purchase in my life again... SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon Wireless Only from your dial pad type this in ##PROGRAM980 then press Send or Call. It will ask for a service key, the code is 000000 and after you type it in a menu will pop up, select FIELD TESTS, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO VOICE SO. I chose 13 QCELP and its crystal clear, but it can vary depending where you live, TRY ALL 3 before you stop. YOU MUST POWER CYCLE DEVICE AFTER SELECTION EACH TIME. As stated the 13QCELP is so clear for me its like a new phone. OMFG WAIT.. THIS IS A NEW PHONE, MY 3RD IN 4 DAYS. Agaain please try each of them before settling there is 3 options. EVRC Software in this device seems to have software issues in my opinion. But in your area it could be better than 13 QCELP. DO NOT SELECT WILD CARD WHICH IS DEFAULT.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You muust click on each and go in to select between the 3 options check each first

what area are you set in? I'll try your selection.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

13 QCELP. Power cycle after selection, i tried all 3 but it can vary per geographical location guys you must try all 3 and power cycle.

Thank you for posting this. I did it, tried all three options before finally settling on 13 QCELP and lowe and behold... I CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END!

Call quality for me was improved drastically, however; it's still not what I would define as "crystal clear". There is still a noticeable static, but not bad at all. It really wouldn't have even been an issue at all, considering how rarely I use my phone to actually make calls, but it was SO BAD. I was seriously getting ready to eBay this puppy.

So THANK YOU, Live Rider. Your post here really saved the day.

This drastically helped. I, too, was SO irritated and frustrated. This is my second G2 phone in the last two weeks, and I was about to go and exchange it AGAIN!!! I am so glad I found your post. Thank you!!!!!!

With the new radios that came out, I went back to the "Wildcard" setting. Will report back on any difference.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpfarrah View Post
    With the new radios that came out, I went back to the "Wildcard" setting. Will report back on any difference.
    What new radios?

Carrier
    Stock

NC here. Just tried 13QKCELP and noticed a huge difference on Speakerphone. Thanks to the OP for this post. Call quality was the one major downside to the G2.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by dookie. View Post
    What new radios?
    Flashable Modem Zips [All G2 Variants] - xda-developers

Hey guys its me Live Ride person who fixed this, i made error in saying Wild Card selection was default. 8k was. Ive been at several local verizon stores teaching them to fix the issue. I traveled out of state and had some crackling and decided to select wild card in Home SO and honestly its the best reception ive had im waiting to return to gulf coast and see if it sticks. I also turned off the noise reduction thing in call settings. Anyways im glad everyone seemed to benefit from my discovery. Just for future references LG customer service just wants devices mailed in then they charge you. They dont have a specific number for tech support because tech doesnt have number for consumers. They blamed everything on Verizon network and i laughed since VZW has the most advanced cell network probably world wide. The true issue is the modem/radio by Qualcomm and they are downloadable and flashable but not available to update OTA. This is ridiculous. I dont recommened the procedure because it can cause Wi-Fi to not work properly. Anyways tell your technical support a ex verizon customer service rep solved this like a piece of cake
    rpfarrah and Eclipse2K like this.

Okay, I'll go in and set to 8k. I've been running the newer 12B radio/modem and have had 0 issues (snap/crackle/pop) with the Wildcard setting. I'll give 8k a run and hopefully be back to full stock functionality.

Im running wild card and its great and my phone is stock rom and modem/radio. 0 crackles and pops im officially home and its super clear im glad i figured this out i almost canceled my services with verizon

Wild card has stopped all noises

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Thanks for this. Are you saying that these are the best settings?

Home Page SO - Wild Card
    Home Orig.SO - 13K QCELP
    Roam Orig.SO - 13K QCELP

Do you have to be on stock. I am running Malladus 1.2.2 and I get past program 980 etc and then enter service code 000000 and then on mine it then says correct and nothing else happens. it does not go to field test stage.

Just got back from Verizon and was told it has been noted and a software patch will fix the issue. Tried this and so far it is much better!
    What have you guys found to be the best settings for you?

To support BeachB's comments:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/19...y-to-roll-out/

I was about to switch to the AT&T version of this phone. But I decided to hold off. I'm happy I did considering I got the G2 for free on Verizon's cyber monday deal.
    Hopefully this software push solves the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tomv5314 View Post
    Do you have to be on stock. I am running Malladus 1.2.2 and I get past program 980 etc and then enter service code 000000 and then on mine it then says correct and nothing else happens. it does not go to field test stage.
    Live Rider any idea what is preventing me from getting to menu after service code. After entering000000in service code a little box says correct but does not go to the next menu I get all the way to service code and enter 000000 then no further.

What do you get after you enter the 000000? Do you get any kind of menu?

Quote Originally Posted by rpfarrah View Post
    What do you get after you enter the 000000? Do you get any kind of menu?
    No menu after 000000 a little box flashes briefly that says correct then disappears and just goes back to dialer screen I have tried many times and same thing happen. tried 3 times last night and 3 times just now .

Hmmmmm. That's odd. I wonder if the ROM has anything to do with it. I'm completely stock with some exposed mods. You might try doing a nandroid backup, and flashing back to stock to see if you can access the menu afterwards. Then you could simply restore your backup and be good to go.
    tomv5314 likes this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Can someone tell me what the stock settings are for all three options?

Sorry, I don't know. In any case, the 12B update fixed this issue for almost everybody, I believe.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast