1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Compatible Charging Cable (for fast charge)

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD. WRONG FORUM

Browsing the forums last week, I found someone that suggested this cable for fast charging the G2:

(I have since been unable to find that forum/thread, which is why I am posting a new thread). Has anyone else tried it ? The person that posted the link stated it worked fine on his G2, but I have tried
    3 of that same cable, and none will fast charge. I'm using a 4.2A (2.1A x 2) USB wall charger that should provide more than enough current. Does anyone know of a USB cable that will fast charge the G2 (Verizon) for sure ? I had high hopes for the monoprice cable, and am quite disappointed with the outcome.

Thanks!!!

-Phil
    Last edited by philkoz584; 12-03-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: WRONG FORUM

Default Re: Compatible Charging Cable (for fast charge)

This is really the only thing that bugs me about this phone. But I guess it is better to have a smartphone that lets you know you cannot use just any charger. I use the factory cord and the LG wireless charger I got from Verizon.the wireless charger seems to charge the phone really fast.

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

If you are looking for fast charging, just purchase a wall charger that supports "2A" a.k.a "2amp". Most android charges released in the second half of 2013 will already be 2A. I hope this helps,

The issue you are having is due to the amperage of the charger itself, not the cable. As SuperMarioVT notes, the G2 will charge the best and fastest with a 2 amp charger (whether wall or car model). Many of the older combination car charger or wall jacks only put out 0.5 or 1.0 amp power.