What is special about LGG2 AccuWeather widget?

iraied

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a question thats just burning me up inside and I cant seem to figure it out. Maybe someone knows.

Why does the accuweather weather widget on the LGG2 look different then every other android phone? I also have a samsung S4 and its same weather widget looks like utter crap. On the LG I get a High Def moon among other things.... rain splatters on the screen...ect...its epic. I even went down to the store today to look at droids...and htc's they all do not have the nice weather widget that G2 has. Crazy...if anyone knows why would love to know.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
AccuWeather struck a deal with MANY phone manufacturers, so they license the Weather information and basic mainframe for the app, but the overall app design and widget look is, ultimately, in the hands of the manufacturer. So, even though it SEEMS like AccuWeather's widget is in LG's phone or in Samsung's, it's really a skinned version that each manufacturer has come up with (sort of like launchers and Android in general; the basic stuff is there, but every handset maker tweaks it to their liking).

You COULD ask someone to rip the app from LG's phone, upload the APK, and sideload it onto your S4 or try AccuWeather's app from the PlayStore (THAT app is sure to look the same in any similar phone in terms of screen size/resolution).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay