1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default White G2 vs Black G2

I was able to exchange my black G2 for a white G2 for no reason other than I like white devices.

I've had the white device for a couple of days now and it is setup exactly like how my other device was. To my amazement there are 2 things that work/work better than when I had the black G2

1. Screen flicker- on the black G2 (which I had for 18 days) the screen always had a flicker to it. Initially I thought it was the auto brightness so I turned it off. The flicker was still there. It didn't bother me much so I never thought about returning it. On the white g2 device there is no such flickering going on with the screen.

2. One handed operation- I love this feature and was something I checked on the black G2. When I used the dial pad it was nice to have the numbers moved to the right so I could use my thumb to dial....I assumed this option should have worked within the (stock) messeging app but it never did. I reset the phone several times just to make sure that was suppose to be the case. However using the same one handed option on the white G2 it works on the dial pad PLUS in the messaging app which, is great....

Outside of the 2 items listed the camera and performance seem identical...

Maybe I had a defective black G2 and never knew it but the white G2 definitely works better in the areas I identified.

Has anyone else that may have changed from the black g2 to the white g2 noticed any differences?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: White G2 vs Black G2

How did you get Verizon to switch your color?

Interesting. I also had a screen flicker on my black one. I broke the screen on that one..white one coming soon as it ships

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mgindi26 View Post
    How did you get Verizon to switch your color?

I walked into the VZW store and stated my preference in device color. The white over black device. I told them I love the G2, and had it been available in white I would have picked that over what I currently have. Apparently, the manager was in the Christmas spirit as he allowed me to change devices. I did get whacked with the restocking fee but I was ok with that...I am very pleased with VZW customer service....

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso View Post
    Interesting. I also had a screen flicker on my black one. I broke the screen on that one..white one coming soon as it ships

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I'd be curious to know if your new device experiences the same behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Adawg1203 View Post
    I walked into the VZW store and stated my preference in device color. The white over black device. I told them I love the G2, and had it been available in white I would have picked that over what I currently have. Apparently, the manager was in the Christmas spirit as he allowed me to change devices. I did get whacked with the restocking fee but I was ok with that...I am very pleased with VZW customer service....

And he swapped you out from store stock or it was shipped to you

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mgindi26 View Post
    And he swapped you out from store stock or it was shipped to you

Store stock...