LG G2 won't turn on or charge

dcolect

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Worked fine earlier today, go to use phone and completely unresponsive. Plug it in, no charge, no lights, nothing.
Happened once before, charged all night and still didn't work, brought it to the verizon store and before i could exchange it magically started working again.
what gives?

Liliane Paradis

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine just did the same thing last night! Had 37% battery left when I got home at 6pm, plugged it in, charged until it reached 100%, unplugged it. Went back to use it a while later....nothing. Not on, not turning on......so I plugged it back in overnight....still not working.....making a trip to Verizon today!

Kh F

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this morning after charging to 100%. My husband looked it up a and did a soft reset by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds. Thathdid the trick and it has been working fine since.

Posted via Android Central App

kstidhum

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You are AWESOME! My phone has my life in it, so I definitely needed it to turn on as soon as possible (calender, contacts, etc.) I googled "LGG2 wont turn on" and this forum came up, sure enough I held the power button for more than 5 seconds closer to 8 seconds and IT TURNED ON! Weird how it even happened but thanks for sharing the advice!

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Please have a files backup plan in place. I recommend Verizon's Cloud. Search Playstore for VZ Cloud. Backs up contacts, messages (couple of month's, not all), music, pictures, video, call log, documents. You get your first 5 gigabytes free, but if your have Verizon's More Everything, you get 25GB free!

Oleg Milenin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
To resolve power and charging issues, follow these steps:

Plug your Nexus 5 into its original LG power adapter using the charger's original USB cable.
Ensure the power cord is securely connected to the device and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
Wait for one minute, checking to see if a charging icon appears on the screen.
Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if the device turns on. You will see the Google logo and feel a slight vibration.
If this does not work, then press and hold the Power button for up to 60 seconds.

Cannot turn on or charge: LG G2 | T-Mobile Support

spongedennis22

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok after hours of figuring out what to do I did this as a last resort and it worked. I removed the screws from the phone and pulled the battery clip from the board ; then I pressed the power button , held it down and with the other hand clipped the battery back in, once the battery vibrated I put the phone on the charger and it turned on showed the lg logo and then showed that the battery was at 0% but was charging. My phone was not rooted it was just sitting on my desk for a week till I got back from vacation. I hope this Helps

Mohsin Ali4

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone i hope you all doing good. How i figured out about my LG G3 when suddenly i found it not charging at all
even i left it on charging all night.
Follow the steps and you'll be able to bring it back on normal charging.

1. Keeping the battery inside, press the power button until your screen stops blinking and stops showing 0% with charing logo.
2. Don't plug the charger unitl you see no blinking screen, it actually drains out the reserve that stops it from
charging in normal way.
3. Once you complete the 1 & 2 steps, plug it to your LG charger and it'll start charinging normally.

Hope it works for LG G2 users as well.

Daisy Sucuzhanay

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
i just got my new lg g2 and when i got it i connect it to the charger then turn it on and it still 0%. and it said do not unplug and i didn't. i need help in what to do :(

Amanda W1

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this morning after charging to 100%. My husband looked it up a and did a soft reset by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds. Thathdid the trick and it has been working fine since.

You rock... it worked... but I had to do it for 10 seconds... saved me a trip to Sprint store the datacenter Christmas! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

siipimutu

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, i had same problem and followed all instruction here, nope.... Dead and dead. Anyways, i tried something different since i have no warranty on phone. I opened back panel and then dismantled upper panel of phone inside so i can see motherboard, disconnected battery from motherboard (i didn't remove it from phone case) then i just simply put my phone to freezer. I let it be there for 1 hour. After that i connected battery to mobo and put charger. Phone screen turned on showing battery logo and temperature warning. Then i removed charger and battery and let it heat up with room temperature. Now it works fine, not sure for how long tho.

Warning: Might not work and might break phone even more. :D

Angel Saenz1

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Worked fine earlier today, go to use phone and completely unresponsive. Plug it in, no charge, no lights, nothing.
Happened once before, charged all night and still didn't work, brought it to the verizon store and before i could exchange it magically started working again.
what gives?

I opened the back up nd took out the battery for like a mi.ute and then put the battery back in and held the power button and it turned on then i plugged it in to charge :D