1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 won't turn on or charge

Worked fine earlier today, go to use phone and completely unresponsive. Plug it in, no charge, no lights, nothing.
    Happened once before, charged all night and still didn't work, brought it to the verizon store and before i could exchange it magically started working again.
    what gives?

Default Re: LG G2 won't turn on or charge

Mine just did the same thing last night! Had 37% battery left when I got home at 6pm, plugged it in, charged until it reached 100%, unplugged it. Went back to use it a while later....nothing. Not on, not turning on......so I plugged it back in overnight....still not working.....making a trip to Verizon today!

Same thing happened to me this morning after charging to 100%. My husband looked it up a and did a soft reset by holding the power button for more than 5 seconds. Thathdid the trick and it has been working fine since.

Posted via Android Central App

LG G2 phone fully charged, will not tap on.
    help!

You are AWESOME! My phone has my life in it, so I definitely needed it to turn on as soon as possible (calender, contacts, etc.) I googled "LGG2 wont turn on" and this forum came up, sure enough I held the power button for more than 5 seconds closer to 8 seconds and IT TURNED ON! Weird how it even happened but thanks for sharing the advice!

Please have a files backup plan in place. I recommend Verizon's Cloud. Search Playstore for VZ Cloud. Backs up contacts, messages (couple of month's, not all), music, pictures, video, call log, documents. You get your first 5 gigabytes free, but if your have Verizon's More Everything, you get 25GB free!

Posted via Android Central App

Talking Re: LG G2 won't turn on or charge

OMFG!!! I looked at this website, and, ALAKASAM. It worked as if nothing happened by holding power button!

To resolve power and charging issues, follow these steps:

Plug your Nexus 5 into its original LG power adapter using the charger's original USB cable.
    Ensure the power cord is securely connected to the device and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
    Wait for one minute, checking to see if a charging icon appears on the screen.
    Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if the device turns on. You will see the Google logo and feel a slight vibration.
    If this does not work, then press and hold the Power button for up to 60 seconds.