- 17 Posts
Default sound when placing a call
This might be a silly question, but I couldn't find an answer and it is bothering me: I just received my g2 and am very happy thus far except for one little thing. When placing a call, the phone makes some default sound as the call begins (~ 3 short notes). Is it possible to disable this sound? It annoys me, lol. Thanks in advance.
- 12-12-2013, 10:21 PM #2
- 12-13-2013, 10:39 AM #3
- 301 Posts
Re: Default sound when placing a call
Not sure this is a sound per-sey...but rather what you are hearing is the phone sending the dial tone numbers to the cell towers. Even a home land line phone will do this with a preset number, like speed dial. I think the phone buffers the numbers you select until you reach all ten numbers then it sends them in a rapid compressed style, or they are going in so fast that they sound like 3 beeps. The only way to turn this off would be to turn off the ear piece speaker and then you would not hear the person on the other side???
- By dcdtrax in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 12Last Post: 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM
- By glc650 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
- By ymakonn in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 12-13-2013, 08:54 AM
- By St3ib in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2013, 08:45 PM
- By sam59 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-12-2013, 12:52 PM