Stock messaging app starts convo from beginning

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am really getting aggravated with the stock messaging app on the G2. 8 times out of 10 I open a new message and the conversation opens at the top of the message so I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to read my new message.

Anyone else experiencing this??? I've had it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep had that happen a few times. Just downloaded Textra, disabled notifications in Stock app, and all is well.

Posted via Android Central App

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Think I will go back to textra as well. This keeps happening to me and its annoying.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Ivel11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine only does it when I accidentally or purposefully put the messaging app in landscape. It will then start back at the beginning of the thread. Pretty annoying, but since I only use landscape for videos I just turn off the auto-rotate.

Rory Wells1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I am really getting aggravated with the stock messaging app on the G2. 8 times out of 10 I open a new message and the conversation opens at the top of the message so I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to read my new message.

Anyone else experiencing this??? I've had it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Are you still having this problem? It is driving my crazy!! This happens if I click on videos or links from Facebook too. For FB it doesnt take me all the way back all of the time, but usually about halfway through the newsfeed. Any suggestions?

Rory Wells1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks- I will have to check for an update. This is a new phone for me. Do we get notifications of updates or do we need to check perioidically?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm