LG G2 phone cracked in the cold verizon

mikeracing

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
ok so the situation if anyone runs into the same situation.

BRAND NEW LG G2 waited to activate and use my new phone until my case and zagg screen protector came in the mail. once they came in I activated the phone and began to use it for a little over a week. I goto Indianapolis Indiana left my phone in my top pocket of my carharrt coat approx 5*f outside phone was ok before I left the hotel once I got to the restaurant pulled my phone out to find a crack top to bottom on the screen. so to recap this is a brand new phone has NEVER been dropped abused not damage what so ever other than the screen cracked.

so I'm stuck with paying a insurance deductible or $99.99 after just purchasing a phone for $200. ( the absolute kicker is the price of the phone through verizon now is only 99 so its really $200 extra down the drain)

maybe mine is the only phone but figured I would post it just incase

so just kinda depressed about it and if anyone else has the same type of issue please report it to verizon since i am apparently the first

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you know the display cracked due to cold weathet? You left a hotel and went to a restaurant and the screen cracked from cold?? How long was the phone exposed? I think you have an isolated problem which, is why you are the first to report. Probably will be the last as well.....

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I do construction I am always out in freezing weather , never had an issue. I do have a defender on though

Joseph Beamon

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
He is not the only one. Mark this down as the second person whos LG g21 cracked in the cold. Also had its insurance replacement crack on the way to me through the mail service.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
He is not the only one. Mark this down as the second person whos LG g21 cracked in the cold. Also had its insurance replacement crack on the way to me through the mail service.

If You say so...I still do not buy the fact the screen happens to just crack in cold. Why don't you provide specifics on exactly how this is happening?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mikeracing

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
i am in indianapolis. it hasnt gotten 5 degrees this year. lol

You better get a new thermometer then or go back and look up the temps before posting. Just saying because the low according to weather channel for that weekend was 2?f.

Also talked to the verizon cs agent and was told they are having more calls about this issue so apparently I wasnt alone

x11keith

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
You better get a new thermometer then or go back and look up the temps before posting. Just saying because the low according to weather channel for that weekend was 2?f.

Also talked to the verizon cs agent and was told they are having more calls about this issue so apparently I wasnt alone

I was backing up my phone today had it right in my hand as I was charging it and the screen just cracked right across. The phone didn't leave my hand and it cracked. There are no marks on the bezel or any type of blemish on the glass. These phones glass a
Has some sort of defect as it seems