LG G2: Battery life is good but not what it used to be.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-12-18-11-14-08.jpg

Heavy user but it seems like it's dropping off the first 10% quicker than it did when it was brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDigga99

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery life is good but not what it used to be.

My T-Mobile version too actually. It doesn't seem to drastically affect the overall life for the day but that first 10% seems to vanish.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

sc1.jpgsc2.jpg

Is this normal? Heaving texting during the day thanks to the new lady friend.

Last edited:

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I've had mine since October, and a heavy user. I haven't noticed any decline in my battery. My phone is constantly on, heavy use of Facebook, Twitter, email and internet use is high. I stream a lot of videos. I can usually get about 3 days use before I hit 30%'. I've noticed after about 3.5 hours of use, I hit about the 90% level. I stay mostly on mobile data, and stay in an average 4G coverage area. I usually have to charge about every 3 days. I charged my phone last on Tuesday morning, and still showing 80% now.

Sent from my VZW LG G2 using Tapatalk.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

I've had mine since October, and a heavy user. I haven't noticed any decline in my battery. My phone is constantly on, heavy use of Facebook, Twitter, email and internet use is high. I stream a lot of videos. I can usually get about 3 days use before I hit 30%'. I've noticed after about 3.5 hours of use, I hit about the 90% level. I stay mostly on mobile data, and stay in an average 4G coverage area. I usually have to charge about every 3 days. I charged my phone last on Tuesday morning, and still showing 80% now.

I am a pretty heavy user and have to charge at the 27 hour mark at most. Generally I have approx 20%-25% life left at that point. I know I could not make the 48 hour mark let alone 72 hours.....what's your secret? I rarely Facebook on the device and I do not tweet....

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what it is. Just luck I guess. I haven't done anything special, and not rooted. All I did was when I received the phone, for three days, let the battery completely discharge. Then recharge. I repeated it three days. After that o noticed the extended battery life. Luck of the draw I'm guessing.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what it is. Just luck I guess. I haven't done anything special, and not rooted. All I did was when I received the phone, for three days, let the battery completely discharge. Then recharge. I repeated it three days. After that o noticed the extended battery life. Luck of the draw I'm guessing.

A complete discharge is not good for the battery long term...just an fyi..

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

With the latest update for the G2 battery life seems to have improved. I didn't think it could get any better but I was wrong. I am already past 30 hours with over 56% life left. Simply amazing.....

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Here is two screenshots. I've been on the phone since 0330.

Attachments

• 1387819014011.jpg
    1387819014011.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 84

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm sending about 200 texts a day lately...I'm assuming that's killing my battery.

Posted via Android Central App

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed that as well. That it's still good, but certainly not what is was the first month I had it.

TEXASMADE1978

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

Here is two screenshots. I've been on the phone since 0330.

Can you please use GSam Battery Monitor so we can get a more detailed idea of the extraordinary battery life that you have been able to achieve. Tyia

Hands down my best battery cycle that i have ever gooten from any smartphone and i have had way too many of the latest and greatest the last few years. I think ill be able to keep the LG G2 for the majority of my contract...
Sent from my LG G2 VS9802013-12-14-13-50-57.jpg

Last edited:

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I am a pretty heavy user and have to charge at the 27 hour mark at most. Generally I have approx 20%-25% life left at that point. I know I could not make the 48 hour mark let alone 72 hours.....what's your secret? I rarely Facebook on the device and I do not tweet....

The secret is exaggeration.

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Heavy users should not expect to get crazy battery life (>30 hrs). After rooting and removing bloat and disabling carrier IQ, I get around 28-30 hrs (screen on 8-10 hrs) with heavy use. I have been able to get >40 hrs with moderate use. Those that claim to get 72 hrs must have very low daily screen on time.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't have exact stats, but when I first got my G2, the battery would stay at 100% for up to 4 hours after unplugging - with the screen on quite a bit. I happily surprised by this. End of the work day it would be 50-60%, and end of the day it might get to 30%.

But, about a month ago that has changed. It doesn't stay at 100% for very long, even if I don't turn it on. I'm lucky if I'm at 40% at the end of the work day, and it is frequently in the single digits by the end of the day.

Of course, I release it may be due to certain apps or I might be using it differently, but I don't think that is it. But the significant difference has been quite startling to me. I'm still happy enough with the battery life as it still can get me through a whole day...but I am starting to get worried what the battery life will be like in 3-6 months.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Funny I just found this thread because I am having the exact same issue with my LG G2.

When I first got it back in November I could easily go 2 days without charging and now I have to charge pretty much every night. As people have already mentioned, the battery is dropping at a faster rate than when it was brand new. Kind of disappointing since the phone is still so new. In my experience with past phones, usually after 10 month to 1 year than I would see a drop in the battery life.

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled some apps, looking for apps that I suspected could be an issue - especially that may have been installed or updated In the past month. So far, battery life had been noticeably better and easily got me through a normal day (though I'm still not sure if it's a as good as when the phone was new).

I'm planning on adding back apps one at a time to see if I can fund the culprit. But LG is off the hook (for now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman