Update!?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When LG rolls out an official update for your device but knowing how Verizon is with updates, you'll probably get it once 5.x rolls out to other devices :p

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You mock vzw, but so far vzw has 2 bug updates sent out for While no one else is doing anything. FYI vzw just approved there second update, rolling out to vzw xustomers now. Verizon LG G2 Update to Build VS980...uild-vs98012b-approved-and-ready-to-roll-out/
When LG rolls out an official update for your device but knowing how Verizon is with updates, you'll probably get it once 5.x rolls out to other devices :p

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can blame Verizon. I have a Verizon Moto X and have already received 4.4 OTA. I Have a Verizon G2 and no 4.4 OTA update yet. Google is not giving it to LG yet or LG is just dragging their feet. If it was Verizon I would not have it on my Verizon Moto X yet.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
to be honest i really don't think there are major differences between 4.2 and 4.4, or none that I noticed on my nexus 7

The worst will be when 5.x is out, I am sure we won't get that

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can blame Verizon. I have a Verizon Moto X and have already received 4.4 OTA. I Have a Verizon G2 and no 4.4 OTA update yet. Google is not giving it to LG yet or LG is just dragging their feet. If it was Verizon I would not have it on my Verizon Moto X yet.

The reason the Moto X has it is because it doesn't have a skin over stock Android like the G2 does. Verizon is still the last of the carriers for most updates

Posted via Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The reason the Moto X has it is because it doesn't have a skin over stock Android like the G2 does. Verizon is still the last of the carriers for most updates

Technically, the Moto X is skinned, albeit rather lightly so the OEM takes less time to compile new source code due to the lightweight cosmetics. Motorola being owned by Google may also be a contributing factor as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site

LG makes the Nexus 5. I'm pretty sure they have access to 4.4.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Between the LG g2 and the moto x which is better? I'm debating on trading

G2 is the spec leader by far... I have/love this phone, best smartphone I've owned so far, amazing battery life! Moto X users praise the software optimization. I have no experience with the Moto X.

You will not be disappointed with the G2!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie