1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Default Verizon activation question

Okay guys quick question. My mother had upgrade on her account and she stated I could order a LG G2. Ordered phone online and it came today. Now she has not activated it and I do not have any Sim cards for this phone so can I just go to Verizon and get one to activate this phone or does it have to be activated on her line then switch her old phone back and then get Sim card for my line. Note we have separate accounts.

Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon activation question

If the phone came unactivated I'd just take it to Verizon and activate it on your line. You'd only need to activate it on hers then switch if you had the same account. If you have a Micro SIM in your current phone then you could just pop it in the G2, *228, option 1! I believe NFC need a special Sim though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Thanks but need the NFC Sim which I don't have so I'll take it to Verizon and give it a shot. I am pretty sure its un activated as instructions came with to call Verizon to activate.
    Last edited by tpdtopcop; 12-20-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joelvin View Post
    If the phone came unactivated I'd just take it to Verizon and activate it on your line. You'd only need to activate it on hers then switch if you had the same account. If you have a Micro SIM in your current phone then you could just pop it in the G2, *228, option 1! I believe NFC need a special Sim though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Myself and some others used our old SIMs from the GNex and could not get the update that came out the same week as the phone. I haven't yet but need to get a new SIM to get any updates and since another new came out today I need to do that soon.