1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 Root Problems

I have been having problems with my G2. I rooted it but none of the apps that require root seem to work. When I go in and check its status in settings it says its rooted though. I know very little when it comes to Android, Ive always had an iPhone. My carrier is verizon if that matters. Any idea what the problem is?

Maybe you could outline the steps you used to root and the current version your device is on. I rooted a couple days ago after installing Verizon's latest OTA and all seems to be working as expected.

Also download root checker from the Play Store and see if it reports root access.
    Last edited by dcleveng; 12-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Default Re: LG G2 Root Problems

Do you have Superuser installed? If it's not installed, you cant grant permission to root apps and they will not work.

It really sounds like you need a better version of Super User. Goto the app stop and get SuperSU. I have the pro version, but they have a free version too. This should fix your issues.
    Current Phone is, VZW LG G2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

When I first got the phone (about the beginning of November) I did the OTA update and then rooted it. I've not performed the most recent update. the root I used was one I found on xda.

Quote Originally Posted by HD_Renegade View Post
    It really sounds like you need a better version of Super User. Goto the app stop and get SuperSU. I have the pro version, but they have a free version too. This should fix your issues.
    I have superSU and when I try to use the apps it shows the message superuser permission granted. The one I have is the free one though if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Durham View Post
    When I first got the phone (about the beginning of November) I did the OTA update and then rooted it. I've not performed the most recent update. the root I used was one I found on xda.

Maybe start with one of these apps to check your Root?? -->

I have superSU and when I try to use the apps it shows the message superuser permission granted. The one I have is the free one though if it matters.
    Current Phone is, VZW LG G2