Bluetooth Media Audio/Phone Connection Issue - Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
First off, I got the G2 in a replacement swap/upgrade from VZW because I had gone through 3 HTC DNAs...loving life right now because the G2 is faster, looks better, doesn't have all the issues I was having with the DNA, and actually can effectively make a call......

However, I'm having Bluetooth issues.

I have the Pioneer FH-P8000BT head unit in my car, and I've never had any problem pairing BOTH the Phone Audio and Media Audio to the HU. My DNA was fine, and my Droid X before that was fine as well. This phone, not so much.

I'm VERY tech savvy, so when I ask for help, it means I've tried everything I can possibly think of, and done tons of research too.

First, I reset the whole HU, to clear out any and all traces of the old phone BT settings. When trying to pair this phone to the HU, I noticed some issues. Usually, I "Pair from Phone". This connected the phone audio, but when the HU tried to initiate downloading the contacts, the phone never received the message. So, I erased the settings and tried putting the phone in Discovery Mode and then successfully paired the phone audio. When the HU requested the contacts, the notification came up on my G2 to allow access. Done.

Then, on to the Media Audio. When the HU tries to connect to the Media Audio, it goes through! I have great audio, I can play Pandora through the car...great!

Get to my destination, car off, get back in, and upon reconnect, only the phone audio connects, but no media. I try to force the connection, and it looks like it connects for half a second, then it gets rejected and says "no connection".

I've gone through this a dozen times. Upon the initial (fresh HU settings) pairing, it will connect. But any subsequent connections fail. I've gone through every setting in the HU and the phone. In the BT settings on the G2, the phone audio says "connected" and the media audio says "connecting" and is grayed out. I have turned BT on and off, I've tried just connecting the Phone audio and not the media - nothing seems to work.

I need to be able to get the GPS and Pandora, etc through this car system. Any ideas? Are the BT versions on the G2 and HU just too far apart?

Thanks!

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have almost the same problem pairing this phone to my car. I have a 2011 BMW 335d with iDrive and prior to this phone my Motorola Bionic paired and streamed with no problems. But with the LG G2, it will pair initially and ask to sync contacts. It then goes into the syncing mode and after a few minutes, quits and tries to sync again. After about the third time, I get a message saying that it failed and there is no paired phone. Trying to stream media is the same frustrating syncing and then ultimately failing. I thought is could be due to ROM I was using (I am rooted) but changing ROMs hasn't had any effect on the process. I have had three rental cars since I had the phone, and though there were some strange issues with Ford Sync, they all paired and streamed music fine.

I like the car and I like the phone, so I have had to learn to live with it. With my latest ROM I am able to keep the phone paired, as long as I refuse to sync contacts. Every time I turn the car on I get the message asking if I want to sync contacts, and I press no. This happens six times over a few minutes, then it leaves me alone. I have media streaming turned off at the phone. I am hoping that when the Kit-Kat upgrade comes, it will deal with this issue, but I generally listen to phone music through a cable and the auxiliary input anyway, as I find I get better fidelity.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Did all of this start happening after the latest update? Seems like my BlueTooth issues started after the update.

KellyOYeah

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a BB-V605 and having the same issues. It will connect every time for phone calls but only the initial connection to the media. I have to remove the device from the G2 known bluetooth devices, then re-pair and then it works again. This has happened both before and after the update.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, glad to see I'm not the only one...mine has been happening both before and after the update. Although, happy with the update because KnockOn works 10x better....

Anyone have any ideas? Is the BT in the car just to old? Any way to install an older version on the phone?

On a side note, got a Pebble Watch for Christmas and it does not seem to get updates while the BT is connected to the car or house Xlink... BT can handle more than one device at a time, no?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

entreprise

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
having same issue with ford's SYNC, will not connect to SYNC, till I tap headset on call screen and pick sync, then it connects, it used to connect automatically before the update, am I missing a command, on the phone, or is it a problem with software???

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having exact same problem on Pioner FH-P800BT. Had this stereo for almost 6 years. I've paired iPhone 3G, Droid X, and Droid RAZR Maxx up to it with no issues. I can either get BT Audio or Phone to connect, but never both. Anyone figure anything out for this?

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Havent figured it out. Hopefully some update takes care of it. Been really missing my GPS directions and Pandora through the car stereo...

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

marmick

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I too am having problems with my pioneer FH-P8000BT and bluetooth. It has always worked reliably with all my other phones, but since getting the G2, the receiver is unable to connect to stream media. I don't have a problem connecting to the receiver for phone calls. My LG G2 is with Sprint btw...

El Jay

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It's BT 4.0 or whatever the newest version is. I've got a Kenwood DNX 7100, same issues everyone else is having. Basically, its going to be up to your HU mfr to do a softwear update. In my case, Kenwood is no longer supporting my radio anymore. 3.5mm audio cable it is.

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hoping KitKat somehow solves this, because Pioneer has never released a firmware update for this HU...I can't even find any firmwares that some hackers/fanboys made...

Stevini18

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to post the same thing! Issue seems to be resolved. Un-paired everything, made the stereo forget the BT info, and re-paired it. Even restarted car and phone and BT audio re-connected fine. I will test thoroughly this week, but it looks promising!

Seems the update fixed the issue for me...connected to stereo the first time...finally!

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk

El Jay

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Still didn't fix the issues with my Kenwood. I get that the radio is 6 years old, I just don't understand why everything isn't backwards compatible.

Malcolm Glaser

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi I also have a Pioneer and have just got an Galaxy S5, now I get all my music, no probs BUT no phone! Can't make or receive calls on BT. My S3 worked like a dream...SO FRUSTRATING!!! Any of you got any suggestions I would be SOoooo grateful. I've done the re-pairing, on/off, To make matters worse, the S5 connects perfectly to a Sony Supertooth, removable sunvisor unit. It's the Pioneer HU that seems to be an issue for phone call, phone menu...PLEASE you wizards out there help!!!!

Malcolm Glaser

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
H it!
YAY!!! All I did was to pair from the HU and not via the phone. I set the Bluetooth visibility, (on the phone) for an hour and set about the pairing. made a call to check and it works fine.
I will be back if I have this problem again, but for now I am happy!
Bye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith