Screen blacks out during phone call won't turn on

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife's G2 started to blackout th screen when a call is made and removing the phone from your ear does not turn it back on. It has the quick window cse and if you open and close the small windows allows you to end the call. Any solution?

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife's G2 started to blackout th screen when a call is made and removing the phone from your ear does not turn it back on. It has the quick window cse and if you open and close the small windows allows you to end the call. Any solution?
Try not to cover the proximity sensor.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Agree, or turn it off entirely. It's in settings (possibly in phone dialer settings or in phone accessibility settings).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

onlyinajeep

May 31, 2011
Visit site
What those guys said...the proximity sensor thinks it is still up against your ear so it turns the screen off so you don't accident poke buttons whilst yer chatting. Mine has recently started doing this. I've found if I squeezed my phone, front to back, right under the front camera, thumb on front, forefinger on back, the screen would come back on...I downloaded the Phone Tester app and the proximity sensor was always 'near' until I did the squeeze then would change to 'far'. When you have trouble waking up the phone, even using the button, this works too. I got my phone the first week it was available and has only recently started doing this. The squeeze 'fix' makes me think the sensor is not quite close enough to the screen for whatever reason.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 has these issues as well. I wonder if it is a bug. I got a replacement and it is fine now, but I don't know. That is highly annoying. If it happens again I will ask for a different phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 has these issues as well. I wonder if it is a bug. I got a replacement and it is fine now, but I don't know. That is highly annoying. If it happens again I will ask for a different phone.

budkow#AC

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
So this has been happening to me as well, and I was basically at the end of my rope until I figured out a "fix" (not a prevention). When your screen blacks out after a call and won't turn on, slide your finger slowly across the top of the phone (over the camera, speaker and sensor). Viola, screen turns on. :-\

This is obviously an enormous bug, but at least I no longer have to REBOOT my phone after every single phone call.

Reply here with the results for you so we can see if it's a true work-around.

(BTW I also have the low-light screen auto-turn off problem.)

lou loa1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I check the proximity sensor and found that its sensed about 6 inches away from the screen
it is also very slow to turn on and off also the light sensor is off, in the dark my phone will not remain on
very very annoying hope an update will fix also my phone has call severe quality issues other than that the phone seems to be pretty good

lou loa1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I check the proximity sensor and found that its sensed about 6 inches away from the screen
it is also very slow to turn on and off also the light sensor is off, in the dark my phone will not remain on
very very annoying hope an update will fix also my phone has call severe quality issues other than that the phone seems to be pretty good

lou loa1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

lou loa1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

lou loa1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Alicia Sekuris

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
running your finger across the sensor and camera was the only helpful thing on here, my phone blacked out and wouldn't respond to any of the buttons but was still receiving texts and notifications, I thought it was locked forever, so thankyou so much for putting that. ;]

Benji75

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 3, and after installing the Rezound Proximity Sensor Calibrator and running it, no matter what change I tried to make, it kept displaying 'NEAR'. I then took my vacuum cleaner (that has a really strong suction) with the crevice tool attachment and vacuumed the sensor along and every other outward facing 'cavity'. This completely cured it. Then the Rezound Calibrator started to show 'Far' and as I moved my hand really close to it, it switched to 'NEAR'. I then retested by making a call to my home phone and as the phone got close to my ear, the display went black; as I pulled the phone away from my ear, the display went back on.

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my wife's GA. Just a light rub over the proximity sensor with a cloth or kleenex cleans the stuff that was blocking it (in her case makeup) and all is well again.

Posted via Android Central App

imagecolour

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Simplest solution for Screen blacks out during phone

Hi all,
I have been reading all wise answer with no simple solution. I hope my below solution helps:

1. Open the dialer and put in ##7764726 and press call.
2. Enter 000000 (six zeros) for the SPC code.
3. Scroll down to the Proximity Sensor
4. Later Disable it

Click on thanks if you like it.

Taruna Maske

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Whenever anybody call me or i call anybody from ma cell the screen turns black an never starts to start the cell i need to remove the battery so guyzz i need the setting on not turning the screen black when on call

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay