Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

Anybody find a fix for this yet? Verizon seems to be no help.

Bumping this thread here....

My company just purchased a brand new LG G2 for me which is on Verizon. I've read nothing but good things about this phone so I was kind of excited. My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus... anyway.

I have the exact same problem everyone here is having and I suppose there is still no fix. The only work around I've found was that you have to have your exchange email running in the background at ALL times. NEVER delete the "task", always keep it running. This however is not a fix or a great solution as its still buggy that way as well. It truly is NOT push email at this point and I live on email every day so I might need to send this phone back and keep on using my Galaxy Nexus.

Android should buy out BlackBerry just for their email exchange. BB hands down has the best email experience for small or large enterprises.

I'm so pissed right now because my work production has gone down the past two days and its annoying. Even more annoying that push email worked before the update.

Verizon/LG please fix this or you're going to get a lot of returned phones!!!!

I received an email from an LG engineer. They apologized, but didn't make it sound like it was a known issue or they had a fix in the works. I sent them to this thread. Hopefully they address it.
    Thanked by:
    akak84 

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jason_L75 View Post
    I received an email from an LG engineer. They apologized, but didn't make it sound like it was a known issue or they had a fix in the works. I sent them to this thread. Hopefully they address it.
    Send them to the Verizon thread that a few of us are in as well.😀

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

starting to feel like this issue should warrant a return.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I am getting pissed that Verizon and LG always say this is not a known issue. I am have to believe that I am not the only one that has called Verizon and LG notifying them of this issue.

Keep these threads alive so more people find it.... Unfortunately I'm sure most people getting this phone are casual users and not heavily involved in email. I have one other friend who got the phone not long ago and has no clue this function isn't working... only because she doesn't use email like corporate america does.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I'm due for a new phone on 2/6 and was planning on getting the G2 - but if I can't rely on Exchange Push emails, I don't want one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Return doesn't matter. I already received a replacement phone, but as soon as I updated the software the problem returned!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akak84 View Post
    starting to feel like this issue should warrant a return.
    - - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't get the G2 if you rely heavily on Exchange Email push. I love the phone except this issue is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by pluto1415 View Post
    I'm due for a new phone on 2/6 and was planning on getting the G2 - but if I can't rely on Exchange Push emails, I don't want one.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

mine seems to Push better over a WiFi network. the phone receives emails at the same rate as my computer. MS Exchange emails.

on the VZW network, it's random and i usually open email to force it to retrieve emails.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

as much as i love the phone i'm having enough issues between crappy Bluetooth audio quality and email not pushing that i wouldn't want another.They crippled an essential function of a smartphone and should be responsible for it. But we are talking about verizon.
    Thanked by:
    Jrid32 

Something else I've observed -
    If you receive emails while your phone is off they will appear after you phone has booted up. Like "Push" email is suppose to do. This is while your exchange email app isn't opened in the background. So therefore, the phone knows to look for email when powered up even when the app is not running however that is the only time it ever checks email without the app running.

Test it for yourself. Shut your phone off, send yourself an email from another device, then turn your phone back on... it should prompt you that you have an email.

LG/Verizon - Please fix! 24/7 "Push" email is not working!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    Jrid32 

Just switched to Touchdown for my exchange, and it works well for me. I hate having to use something else, but so far, so good. I hope with the Kit Kat update everything will be made right, but in the mean time I'll be continuing to use Touchdown. There are things I don't like about the TD UI, but those are just aesthetics. Functionally, it works great. And another added bonus is that I no longer have to be subject to locking my entire phone down, just lock down access to exchange, which was a pleasant surprise. Anyway, it's definitely not ideal, but it's what I'll do for now until a fix is in place. Because I enjoy this phone THAT MUCH otherwise.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post
    Just switched to Touchdown for my exchange, and it works well for me. I hate having to use something else, but so far, so good. I hope with the Kit Kat update everything will be made right, but in the mean time I'll be continuing to use Touchdown. There are things I don't like about the TD UI, but those are just aesthetics. Functionally, it works great. And another added bonus is that I no longer have to be subject to locking my entire phone down, just lock down access to exchange, which was a pleasant surprise. Anyway, it's definitely not ideal, but it's what I'll do for now until a fix is in place. Because I enjoy this phone THAT MUCH otherwise.

Is this phone getting the kitkat update? From what I read online they are saying sometime in March. I'm not "in the know" when it comes to this type of stuff but I'm sure the exchange email bug will be fixed with the update.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I would switch to Touchdown if Verizon would pay for the app! Get a fix!

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jrid32 View Post
    I would switch to Touchdown if Verizon would pay for the app! Get a fix!
    Its funny what some peoples perception is of "Push" email. The Verizon tech just responded to me on their forum saying its not an issues and wants me to hard resent my phone. I'd love to see what the people on the other end of the computer look like and how much they actually know about this stuff....
    Thanked by:
    Jrid32 

Quote Originally Posted by pluto1415 View Post
    The G2 does emails fine but not with the latest update 12B. There are 2 updates currently. I've found it works great on LTE but not Wifi. When I'm connected via Wifi, my corporate email won't auto update.

Also there is no way to download the whole email. In settings there is "Heading only" so I have to manually load each body. Kind of annoying sometimes and I can see times where this will be a problem.

This is a bug with 12B update as its been fine prior. Its only on the Verizon model too, so its something with the Verizon modifications.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Crail View Post
    The G2 does emails fine but not with the latest update 12B. There are 2 updates currently. I've found it works great on LTE but not Wifi. When I'm connected via Wifi, my corporate email won't auto update.

Also there is no way to download the whole email. In settings there is "Heading only" so I have to manually load each body. Kind of annoying sometimes and I can see times where this will be a problem.

This is a bug with 12B update as its been fine prior. Its only on the Verizon model too, so its something with the Verizon modifications.
    in General Mail settings you can set the amount of lines to be seen, "Email Preview"

within the particular email account settings (your exchange account or whichever email account) you can set the "Message Size Limit"

Ugh, and yet, another "me too" post for me....

This is the second bug I've discovered with this phone in as many days I've own it. Really trying to like this phone, but LG is making it hard.

What other bug did you discover? Here's what I've noticed besides the email. The phone gets quirky when sending group MMS. The camera is over rated. The pics I get are usually blurry. Kind of miss my S3. Maybe it's just the fact I need to manually check work email every 15 minutes to do my job that just has me turned off to the phone. Hope the kit kat update makes improvements.

The other bug was with new mail in mail causing the phone to vibrate even when vibration notification was disabled in the Gmail app settings. It would happen only when the phone was on silent and when sound notification was enabled. The thread to that is here:

Verizon LG G2 - Disable notification vibration from email but keep SMS vibration

My work aaround to that is just to disable all notification in the Gmail app...

Also for some reason, the notification light would flash white at random times even when I have no new notification.

Im kind of a noob but with this issue everyone is having is it giving you a "Gmail need authentication" message? Thats what i get and when i go to settings and re-type my password it works but deletes one of my primary e-mail accounts that is connected to the stock app. I love the phone but the e-mail issues make me want to not use the e-mail feature

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LG G2 View Post
    Im kind of a noob but with this issue everyone is having is it giving you a "Gmail need authentication" message? Thats what i get and when i go to settings and re-type my password it works but deletes one of my primary e-mail accounts that is connected to the stock app. I love the phone but the e-mail issues make me want to not use the e-mail feature
    nope. thats not the issue. The LG email client and not gmail just stops updating but will not give any error message or anything of the sort. it just stops pushing mail and the only way to get email to update is to manually go in and refresh.
    Jrid32 and sealion43 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by akak84 View Post
    it just stops pushing mail and the only way to get email to update is to manually go in and refresh.
    Even then it rarely ever actually updates...can't believe they could screw up email and voice quality!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Now i noticed the GPS us screwing up! We need a software fix.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast