Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

I'm ready to give up my beloved g2 because of this.

Mine seems to be working again out of the blue for the last couple days...

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Just so you know, this problem doesn't affect everyone. I've never had a problem using Exchange (or Gmail) on my G2 using WI-FI and cellular. It has all available updates and is not rooted. I've had it since November (until which I used a Palm Pre-2). It's a VS98011A running Android 4.2.2. The standard email program is set to check mail every 15 minutes in both Exchange and Gmail. I don't really know if I'm using "push". Maybe the phone has to poll every 15 minutes. Exchange has zillions of settings. I'm guessing a setting in Exchange would fix problems like this though I don't really know. My company has many different smartphone makes, models, and ages using Exchange (2012 I believe) without issues. My contacts and calendar also sync fine with Exchange and Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by 3snakes View Post
    Just so you know, this problem doesn't affect everyone. I've never had a problem using Exchange (or Gmail) on my G2 using WI-FI and cellular. It has all available updates and is not rooted. I've had it since November (until which I used a Palm Pre-2). It's a VS98011A running Android 4.2.2. The standard email program is set to check mail every 15 minutes in both Exchange and Gmail. I don't really know if I'm using "push". Maybe the phone has to poll every 15 minutes.
    1- I don't believe you're running the 12B update
    2- 15 minute sync means you're not using push

either of those settings means u aren't affected at all.

fwiw I've been using touchdown for years. it's by far the best mobile email experience available and has a TON of settings like quiet times, remote touchdown app wipe, and tasks support. if you depend on email to do your job and get dozens of emails per day than u need touchdown. it makes life better.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Same boat here. And every time I make any changes to the email client I have to put in a helpdesk ticket because my IT team wont provide the information. Therefore pretty sure Touchdown is not an option for me (although it's my phone, they're pretty strict about how you access their servers). Just piling on this thread in hopes we get some tech support because I haven't even seen evidence they're looking into it yet. This was exactly why I was hesitant to get an LG.

Quote Originally Posted by JQFreed View Post
    Same boat here. And every time I make any changes to the email client I have to put in a helpdesk ticket because my IT team wont provide the information. Therefore pretty sure Touchdown is not an option for me (although it's my phone, they're pretty strict about how you access their servers). Just piling on this thread in hopes we get some tech support because I haven't even seen evidence they're looking into it yet. This was exactly why I was hesitant to get an LG.
    Touchdown will still comply with the same security and secure access needs for Exchange. It's just a client other than the stock client. And honestly, since I have switched to Touchdown, I enjoy the experience so much more than any other stock clients I have used previously(HTC, LG, Samsung and Samsung Nexus). And maybe a little advice... Save your exchange settings somewhere, once you have them, they should not change and you shouldn't need a ticket every time you are setting up your mobile client, no matter what OS or client you use.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by wwwjr; 03-03-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Thanked by:
    akak84 

Good ol' AC. Have been dealing with this issue for a week, and had been blaming my company for it (should've known to check here.) My company requires us to change passwords every 90 days. I did not experience any problems with my Exchange email (the only one I use the native client for) until after I changed the password; then it just stopped working altogether. The coincidence of the timing - in addition to past issues on a prior smartphone - led me to assume it was an issue with our company's email servers. But, when they couldn't solve the problem, I began searching online and found this thread. I've tried all the usual tricks - including nearly all those mentioned in the very long thread over at Verizon Communities; still no love. As of yesterday, I began using Touchdown for now (complies with my company's security requirements), but it is far less than ideal, and I'm not happy that I'll have to start paying for it if this issue isn't resolved in 30 days. I'm mostly pissed because this update was apparently pushed to my phone without my consent. I never install updates until I've researched them, and certainly would not have installed this one. It's completely hobbled my phone for business use. Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this thread and the one over at VZW and hope for a fix sooner rather than later. Either that, or release KitKat, though I understand it has its own issues. *sigh*
    Last edited by TrekkieMonster; 04-02-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    LG G2 - VS980

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post
    Save your exchange settings somewhere

Save them even if its on a piece of paper. I have taken the setting and used them on iPhones android phones to include a multitude of different email apps and now on my Lumia Icon. That ticket nonsense is to scare away those who aren't confident in their tech abilities. Unless of course they use certificates.

Had terrible problems with stock email not pushing. Got it at best to sync at 5 minute intervals by going into system settings, accounts and sync then checking the top box named Auto sync data. When checked i went back to email settings and was able to choose 5 minute instead of doing it manually, which is a pain if you forget and are late receiving anything important.
    Hope this helps some of you out.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

and with this update Email seems to be functioning properly again. we only had to wait 4 months to get what was originally working well in the phone. albeit that even outlook.com email syncs with html now which it wouldn't previously.

Quote Originally Posted by akak84 View Post
    and with this update Email seems to be functioning properly again. we only had to wait 4 months to get what was originally working well in the phone. albeit that even outlook.com email syncs with html now which it wouldn't previously.
    Yes, working well. It really is annoying it took this long to fix. A month ago when I spoke with Verizon, the tech said this was a known bug. They charge you hundreds for the service, but then can't get one of the most critical and valuable features for which we have these phones, updated when it's not working. Now there are other little bugs to deal with, but at least this is working. Hate to say this, never had these problems with the last two Samsung phones. There's a reason they're number one with Android phone sales.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_L75 View Post
    Hate to say this, never had these problems with the last two Samsung phones. There's a reason they're number one with Android phone sales.
    Yeah. Mass production and marketing! They still don't offer the best product.

Thank the Lords of Kobol! It worked for me, too.

I'd read that there may be a few other minor issues with Kitkat, but after doing some research here on AC and elsewhere, there don't seem to be any major complaints, and I need my Exchange account to work properly again, so I went ahead and installed the upgrade.

It definitely fixed the Exchange problem.

ONE NOTE, though: if you are/were using Touchdown for Exchange mail after 12B broke it (as I was), make sure to UNINSTALL Touchdown before you try to set up your Exchange mail on the native client again. I did not, and it took several tries before I could get Touchdown to stop interfering with the native client. I finally had to completely uninstall the app, but once I that the native client worked like a charm again.

To uninstall Touchdown go to Settings>General>Application Manager>Menu Button>Uninstall Apps and then select Touchdown. Simply moving it to the recycle bin won't do it.

Happy Exchange mailing all!
    LG G2 - VS980

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Sad thing is gave up this phone to my other half and got something else to fulfill my needs. While setting up exchange for her I saw how nice the phone was again.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123