Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Default Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

After last week's VZW I have been having issues with my Microsoft Exchange email pushing to my phone. I have deleted the account and reloaded it. Anyone else run into this?

Default Re: Verizon LG G2 - Exchange email issues after update

Me too. It seems if my phone sits for like more than 15 minutes, it no longer reliably receives push notifications from my corporate exchange account. Everything else is working fine. Let me know if you find a solution. My corporate support has reviewed the exchange log and all looks right. I traded in first G2 because of the issue. Second G2 has the same issue. Must be the phone. Let me know if you find a resolution.

Same problem here. Since the update, unless I open the app, emails aren't being pushed for my Exchange account now. The update seemed to fix my voice quality issues - and crippled my Exchange push.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

And I thought I was the only one with this problem. Haven't figured out a solution for myself. Thinking of flashing back to the previous build for more reliable push email.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

same issue here. i thought i had messed up a setting or something.

please post up if someone finds a fix.

Same issue here, push stopped after update. Is there an easy way to downgrade to prior firmware?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nfg_118822 View Post
    Same issue here, push stopped after update. Is there an easy way to downgrade to prior firmware?
    No. Its not hard to but it's not a quick easy process. There are a few videos available that can walk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by akak84 View Post
    No. Its not hard to but it's not a quick easy process. There are a few videos available that can walk you through it.
    Suppose I should have mentioned without root. I wasn't able to find any information on doing it without root.

Has anyone tried to contact LG or VZW (which is usually worthless) about the issue? I can confirm this issue since the day I got the update. Needless to say, my boss was wondering why I never get my emails in a timely fashion while I'm away from my desk lately

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nfg_118822 View Post
    Suppose I should have mentioned without root. I wasn't able to find any information on doing it without root.

try this out. worked for me when i screwed up my phone modifying things. got me back to stock no root needed.
    Last edited by akak84; 01-06-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by akak84 View Post

try this out. worked for me when i screwed up my phone modifying things. got me back to stock no root needed.
    Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.
    akak84 likes this.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

So flashing back to before the updates has fixed the issue.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I contacted Verizon. They didn't seem to have the issue logged. They ended up giving me a new phone, but it had the same issues. I emailed LG customer support, but so far no response. The most recent update didn't have a lot of benefits. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and not installing the updates.

Are you still finding it worked? Want to verify before trying to flash back. Also, flashing back makes me nervous, kind of a novice. Is it super simple? I can follow those instructions, but I won't know what to do if something comes out of the blue. Is the alternative factory reset and then don't update software until this is fixed? Thanks!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jason_L75 View Post
    Are you still finding it worked? Want to verify before trying to flash back. Also, flashing back makes me nervous, kind of a novice. Is it super simple? I can follow those instructions, but I won't know what to do if something comes out of the blue. Is the alternative factory reset and then don't update software until this is fixed? Thanks!
    I flashed back when I footed so that it doesn't show the device ad being rooted ever. It is fairly simple and the only I had was changing the device port to port 41. Other than that it wad very easy and smooth. I chose this over a factory reset because I needed to get rid of the modifications I had made to the system as well as any evidence of having rooted the device. For my needs root isn't needed.
    Also I thought the factory reset only removed your settings and not those of the firmware upgrades.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Still no luck. I have talked to Verizon and LG, and they can't figure it out! FYI, factor reset doesn't fix it.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

My solution was to flash back to the earlier build but I have come to have a distaste for the email client and switched to the aosp email. For some reason it also won't load html on my outlook.com account either before the update or after.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes without rooting?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I talked with Verizon again this morning (after talking with LG, who was no help). Verizon said that this is not a known issue and they are sending me a replacement phone. I am not holding my breathe that it is a hardware problem, so I don't think the "new phone" will fix the problem.

The tech support individual I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of this issue, so I advise calling Verizon to report this problem so they can start working a software fix...

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jrid32 View Post
    I talked with Verizon again this morning (after talking with LG, who was no help). Verizon said that this is not a known issue and they are sending me a replacement phone. I am not holding my breathe that it is a hardware problem, so I don't think the "new phone" will fix the problem.

The tech support individual I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of this issue, so I advise calling Verizon to report this problem so they can start working a software fix...
    will be giving them a call today. i also posted in their website's forum about the issue as well.

Been having the same issue with no push of exchange emails. It is driving me crazy. Especially since I rely on email for work throughout the day. I hope they fix this quick. It took me a while to realize that the problem was after the phone update, because we were making changes to our work server around the same time and it went down for a while, so I have been working through locally trying to troubleshoot the problem. And why was I the only employee of about 100 to have the problem... Then it hit me.

Posted via Android Central App
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I was having the same problem after the update and had to delete my mail account and then add it again for push to work. This problem only occurred for one of my three Exchange accounts. The only problem now is that none of my Exchange accounts will show the emails in HTML (they did prior to the update). If I go into mail settings, I no longer have HTML as a message format option. Any ideas are appreciated!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

anyone else facing this issue give vzw a call and post in this forum as wel so maybe they will get moving on a fix sooner rather than when they give us kitkat.

awesome you found my post in the vzw forum
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

So I received the replacement phone today. The "Push" Exchange email worked great until.... I installed the update. Then what do you know, "Push" no longer works for my Exchange email. As I stated earlier to Verizon this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue. FAILED!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast