Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't send picture messages.

Trying to send picture messages and they are all failing. I turned off the wifi and it still does not work. Is there another setting that I can change to try and get these to work?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't send picture messages.

What data plan do you have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

We have the family plan with 2gb of data on the line we are trying to send pictures.

Do you have mobile data turned on?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes it is on.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Does it matter that I am only getting 2 bars on 3G?

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by niekamdt View Post
    Does it matter that I am only getting 2 bars on 3G?
    That might be the problem. You may have to go in a place with better reception to send the pictures.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I would call Verizon, perhaps the problem is with the phone's network settings...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Called verizon and they had me send a message in safe mode and it worked. Deleted two apps and it worked. So we thought that the apps were the problem. Before we did all of this they had me power the phone off and it found 4G. After it worked out of safe mode I thought the problem was fixed. I am now trying to send picture texts and the phone went back to 3G and they are not working. Now I am sure that it will only send the picture message in 4G. It seems that once the phone loses 4G that the only way to get it back is by restarting it. Is there a way to search for 4G without powering down? Thought I would ask here before I went back on hold with verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by niekamdt View Post
    Is there a way to search for 4G without powering down? Thought I would ask here before I went back on hold with verizon.
    Go to Settings<Tethering & networks<Mobile networks<System select. Then change from global to LTE/CDMA and it will restart just the radio to find a new signal.

Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Did some more experimenting and sent a picture to my G2 from a basic phone and was then able to forward that picture with 3G. So from what I have learned I can't send pics that the G2 takes with anything but 4G because they are too big. I set the picture size to the smallest setting and they still won't send on 3G. Going to call verizon tonight and see if they have any solutions.

When you tried sending it using WiFi was it your home WiFi or was it a public WiFi connection?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Home WiFi. I tried with WiFi off and on. It seems to be the size of the pic that is causing the problem. When I first talked to verizon they said 2 bars on 3G should work. Hopefully they can figure something out when I call them back.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Called Verizon and got 2 pic messages to send, but they took over 2 minutes each. The customer service rep found other people having similar problems with pic messages taking a long time to send so he submitted a ticket with LG for the problem. He said they will look for software problems and if they do not find any they probably will recommend a replacement. Verizon customer service has been great with trying to solve this problem.