Annoying "Unplug to save energy" notification when pluged in

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
When I'm sitting at my desk at work, I like to leave the phone plugged in. I often listen to music thru it. However this new G2 has the annoying habit of making a noise and notification every 10 seconds while plugged in asking me to unplug it when it is fully charged. I know it's fully charged...that's why I plugged it in...to keep it that way. But I can't even listen to music without be-boop literally every 10-15 seconds. (And I mean to use the word literally...meaning literally not figuratively). Does anyone know how to turn this off.? It's worse than the mommy-state volume reduction that happens when I plug it into my AUX input in may car and having to run it back up where I f'ing left it and wanted it. I need a f'ing phone, not a nanny. Anyone? Thanks.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I do the same thing, leave it plugged in a lot - the desk and car, I get that notification once, it disappears by it self and it NEVER comes back again until I unplug and plug it in again.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to get it in the car and it seems to go away when the screen goes dark, but as long as the screen is lit in here I get it. I wonder if the connector here at work is bad and it is connecting and disconnecting with vibrations. ...grasping at straws here.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me yesterday while playing a game while it was plugged in. My analysis is the message comes up when the phone is fully charged. The phone quits accepting the charge until it drops and the it starts charging and repeats the message. Since it only comes and goes during high discharge programs with the screen on I think that might be what is happening. IMHO

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sitting here with a video podcast playing thru MX Player. It's plugged intop power to keep that from dropping the battery too much. It was bonking and telling me to unplug the power cord to save energy. It was doing it every 2 seconds...in fact it would be in the midst of one and it would interrupt itself to do the same notification. For some reason now it has stopped and it it fully charged. Tell me fricken once and then go the f! away. I haven't found a way to get it to stop doing this...there is no setting. The auto vvolume reduction when plugging into the aux on my car stereo is also something I haven't found a way to stop either. I don't need a phone telling me how loud I should set MY volume.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a way to turn off the battery charged notification as well.

To fix the volume reduction problem, I found an app called Hearing Saver and it does exactly what you need.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rugenstat

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
G2 Xposed module can do it too, along with a bunch of other notifications to disable. It's available in play store. You do need root to install it like any other xposed module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12