Case/Holster

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why the Verizon LG2 requires a different size case or holster?
I am looking for a case/holster but I have seen numerous comments regarding this which seem to significantly limit the choices available.
Could it be Verizon is trying to control the market for these accessories......Nah, they wouldn't do that huh?

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The power and volume buttons on the back are smaller on the Verizon version than the other variants, presumably because of the wireless charging on the Verizon model. I saw a tear down of the Verizon phone that showed the wireless charging module located near the power/volume buttons which could indicate the necessity for smaller buttons to make room.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Verizon LG case is slightly different from the others so you need to stick with cases that specifically say they are for the Verison version of the G2. That said, I bought two cases on Amazon for mine. The Tudia Ultra Slim offers a bit more protection than just the basic phone has and is sleek and slim. It has a bit of texture on the back to give it a bit more grip. I use it whenever I need a "slim" profile to fit in my pocket.

On the other hand, the Ballistic Shell gel case I also got on Amazon is a bit thicker but offers quite a bit more protection. It has a rubberized gel inner case and a harder plastic outer shell. You can also get one with a belt clip.

Neither the Tudia nor the Ballistic have screen covers.

If you want to go full protection, get the otterbox defender. Its about as thick as the Ballistic but also has a plastic screen cover.

David