Cannot delete- deleted emails
I have an Lg G2 from Verizon. I have my phone set to delete emails from the server when I delete them from the trash but soem emails are getting stuck in the trash and I am unable to delete them. The option is there but nothing happens when I hit delete. I have tried to delete them individually and I get the option to delete it and a confirmation that the email will be permanently deleted, after I select OK- nothing happens. I have removed and re-added the email account which removed the emails that were currently stuck but now there are more today. I am thinking this might have something to do with me maybe deleting the emails from the server before deleting from the phone?? Any ideas?
- 01-03-2014, 02:22 PM #2
- 01-03-2014, 03:38 PM #3
- 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: Cannot delete- deleted emails
I was having the same problem, but I think I figured it out. In your Account Settings, instead of selecting Delete from server - "when I delete from trash box" (which seems the obvious one to choose), select Delete from server "When i downloaded from server". I do not know why this works, but finally, I could successfully delete my over 2000 emails. I tried everything else and still they were there. When I checked this option, I could finally delete them. Hope this helps.
- By Adela Corina Marinescu in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 22Last Post: 09-25-2016, 04:41 PM
- By ReMarkable2112 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
- By donabell in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2014, 10:14 AM
- By Nooblet in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2014, 08:25 AM
- By smokinHawk in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2014, 04:10 PM