1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I unroot and relock my bootloader if I need to go to Verizon for any reason

I'm still new to Android but I'm learning the ins and outs at a fair pace and I don't really like some things about LG's Optimus skin (specifically the god-awful lockscreen). I was thinking about rooting and flashing CM11 to get stock AOSP with whatever extra features CM throws in. The only things holding me back are 1) the loss of KnockOn/Off which is essential for back-buttoned phones like the G2 and G-Flex (which I'm unclear about; I've heard some say the feature is kept when flashing a ROM and others say it is lost) and 2) I need to know if I will be able to unroot and relock the bootloader and get LG's ROM back on it. Any insights would be very helpful

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Can I unroot and relock my bootloader if I need to go to Verizon for any reason

You're in luck. You will not lose Knock On but you will lose Knock Off, IME. You can definitely unroot and relock the bootloader should you ever need to.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can I unroot and relock my bootloader if I need to go to Verizon for any reason

Perfect! KnockOn is more important as the screen will timeout after whatever I set it to so not having KnockOff is not a problem. Looks like my G2 will be getting CM11'd sometime this week

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Is the bootloader unlockable? I thought we just bypassed it with loki?

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

The RHCP version of cm11 (nightly dates 12-28) allows knock off on the notification bar. I would imagine that the latest regular CM allows it too.