1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USA Verizon LG G2 usable in Germany?

I have the Verizon LG G2 from the US and I was wondering if I could use it with my T-mobile sim card I have in Germany for my Galaxy S3 that I got in Germany. Does anyone know if it is possible to use the sim card I have in my German phone with my US phone?

Default Re: USA Verizon LG G2 usable in Germany?

The US Verizon LG G2 phone is made for the CDMA network type...not GSM. All of Europe, if i'm not mistaken, uses GSM networks; if you got an AT&T and T-Mobile USA LG G2 phone, then unlocked it, you could probably use it n Germany.

You can call Verizon's customer support line, 611 from the phone, if you're still in US and ask them for more info.

The VZW G2 does indeed have a GSM radio in it. There is an option to use a GSM network under network settings, and will work on both ATT and T-Mobile's domestic networks. Not sure about Germany but as long as they use a frequency that is supported by the GSM radio on the G2 you can make it work.

VZW G2 on ATT and T-Mobile

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

The Verizon G2 is a global phone so it'll work in Europe. All you have to do is put in a new SIM card. In the past, you had to call Verizon to have them "unlock" your phone, but Verizon told me that they stopped "locking" their 4G/LTE phones. Now I don't know if that's absolutely true or not, but when I took my Verizion LG Spectrum 2 (also a global-ready phone) to Spain last spring, I did not call to "unlock" my phone through Verizon, and I picked up a SIM card at a Vodofone and it worked fine.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

When I take my phone off of airplane mode I do get signal from Vodophone but I still haven't a clue to if I can use my t-mobile sim card for it. Other than that thank you very much for the info you have provided.

From recent research i have done, i came to the conclusion that VZW are global and unlocked to any carrier. That is the new 4G LTE devices.

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Verizon uses Band 13 which is by law has to be SIM unlocked. Just get an off the shelf prepaid SIM and it'll be fine. It won't have the 1800mhz band, European LTE is out of the question. Actually with the G2, you could actually bring it over to even T-Mobile or AT&T since it has AWS LTE.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So should I be able to take the sim card out of my German phone and put it right into my American LG G2?