Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Foramex
  • 1 Post By Wobblin30
  • 1 Post By otwok
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got LG G2

Hi All,

I just got and activated my new phone. The wonderful LG G2. I am upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. I am glad I was able to extend my contract and keep my unlimited data. That was the key,

Now since I have the LG G2 can someone direct me to what I should do first? I saw there were themes available, any idea on where to get those? Any suggestions on cases? Any tips and tricks? Thanks all.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Just got LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by otwok View Post
    Hi All,

I just got and activated my new phone. The wonderful LG G2. I am upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. I am glad I was able to extend my contract and keep my unlimited data. That was the key,

Now since I have the LG G2 can someone direct me to what I should do first? I saw there were themes available, any idea on where to get those? Any suggestions on cases? Any tips and tricks? Thanks all.
    Enjoy your new smart-phone! I can tell you that you just got the best device in the market (Go LG G2!!)
    First of all, I would definitely recommend keeping the original theme, as I find that to be the prettiest, but I also think the one with the red building in the background is nice. All of these are default wallpapers, and I think they're the best. In case you didn't mean wallpapers but you meant themes, there is a theme called Marshmallow which is pretty funny, but I like the default one better.
    About cases, I have the "S" style protective case and it's very good both in protecting the phone and being very slim. Though if you want some heavy-duty stuff you could go for the Otter Box.
    About tips and tricks- First of all, you can't miss the double-tap. I found that to be a really useful feature, and I use it a ton. Also, since you have the Verizon-variant, that means you have wireless-charging enabled, so I would recommend buying a wireless charger.
    I wouldn't turn on the smart screen, since I didn't find it to be working well.
    A very big tip I would recommend charging the phone until 100% and then let it fall to 0%, I found that fixed some battery issues I had at the beginning.
    You have a great new phone, enjoy it!!!
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
    Thanked by:
    user242 likes this.

When I got my G2 I searched for LG G2 tips and tricks on YouTube and found some pretty helpful videos.

The incipio feather case is nice and doesn't add much bulk.

First thing I did when I got my G2 was replace the stock Launcher with Nova. Didn't really like the look of LG launcher. I would also recommend SwiftKey as a replacement keyboard if you don't like LG and Android keyboards.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Nova Prime is a great launcher that has been my go to for a few years. Action Launcher is nice if you're looking to keep things clean with less screens. With third party launchers, icon packs in the Play Store let you change up the look quickly and many are free. +1 on SwiftKey as it's the best I've found. The usuals for storage like Dropbox and Drive are must haves. 1Weather is nice with free and premium versions. If you're into gaming Riptide GP 2, Shadowgun Deadzone, and Smash Heat are a few good ones and run great on the phone. Snapseed and Pixrl Express are good photo editing apps.

Grab a case, I use a Diztronic that I bought from Amazon for under 10 bucks.

Posted on LG G2 via Android Central App
    msdsman likes this.

I'd stick with the stock UI for now. Get a good feel for the device. I think you're really gonna like it

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

I suggest using your new G2 to log into Box and create and account to get 50 GB free storage.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

Head over to XDA, root and install a stable 4.4.2 rom.

Sent from my LG-d801 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks all.

I think I am going to keep the stock UI for now. I had the Galaxy Nexus and I never rooted or changed anything about it. I don't think it is for me. I like the stock UI so I am going to try to learn it because changing anything.

I tried to drain my battery yesterday to 0. I was finally successful right before I was going to bed. What a difference the battery makes compared to the Galaxy Nexus.
    ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    I suggest using your new G2 to log into Box and create and account to get 50 GB free storage.

What is this Box you speak of?

The box is drop box of course

Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    The box is drop box of course

How do you get 50GB free?

Quote Originally Posted by steve daniels View Post
    Yep that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve daniels View Post
    Thank you so much! I just got 50GB as well! Does this have any issues with large files?

Looks like it does. Maximum of 250 GB per file.

Posted via LG G2

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by northernbound View Post
    Looks like it does. Maximum of 250 GB per file.

Posted via LG G2
    Yeah bummer, i don't have any files less than 250gb, all of mine are 500+ gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by heggood View Post
    Yeah bummer, i don't have any files less than 250gb, all of mine are 500+ gigs.

Do you mean 500+ megabytes? I can't even fathom a personal file of over 500 gigabytes.

Ambassador