LG G2 Activattion

northernbound

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new phone in the mail. Trying to activate it, it is taking a really long time. I have never had a phone with a SIM card in it, so don't know how those work. I powered my old phone off and have been staring at this screen for activation. It has been over 20 minutes. Is that normal? I don't seem to recall my last phone taking that long.

Thanks,

NB

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new phone in the mail. Trying to activate it, it is taking a really long time. I have never had a phone with a SIM card in it, so don't know how those work. I powered my old phone off and have been staring at this screen for activation. It has been over 20 minutes. Is that normal? I don't seem to recall my last phone taking that long.

Thanks,

NB

Did your phone come with a SIM card in a sealed cardboard container? I had to take the one out of the phone and put that one in. The two cards had different numbers and the one in the box had the number that matched my order. I also had to call Verizon as it was not added to my plan.

northernbound

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Did your phone come with a SIM card in a sealed cardboard container? I had to take the one out of the phone and put that one in. The two cards had different numbers and the one in the box had the number that matched my order. I also had to call Verizon as it was not added to my plan.

I was wondering about that! I have a sealed one in the box, but this one said it is pre installed. I am on hold with Verizon now trying to get through to someone. Wonder if I should pull out the card and take a look. It should match my order?

niekamdt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about that! I have a sealed one in the box, but this one said it is pre installed. I am on hold with Verizon now trying to get through to someone. Wonder if I should pull out the card and take a look. It should match my order?

I figured it out after I talked with Verizon. They never said anything about another card. Open it up and see if the number matches the one on your order. If it does switch them out. If you find out why it came with 2 sim cards could you let me know?

northernbound

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
That did it! The one it came with did not match. Switched it and it activated immediately. Wonder if I should still wait on hold... Also, why two cards?

northernbound

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
And they hung up on me...

Every time I call, they say they are receiving a "Unsually high call volume". That appears to be the usual answer...o_0