Is it Safe to do the OTA update on my rooted G2?
I have a G2 that I haven't touched, except for rooting. It's running Android 4.2.2, kernel 3.4.0-perf-g7c2d0a2, build JDQ39B, software version VS98011A. I'm running stock (just as it came), no ROMs, nothing else, TWRP not installed.
If I do the OTA update that started popping up a couple of days ago (I would like to update), will I screw my phone up? Will I screw up my root? I am most worried about losing my tethering....
Thank you for any help
- 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM #2
Re: Is it Safe to do the OTA update on my rooted G2?
OTA will likely break root but it is fine to accept the OTA otherwise. Custom recoveries are the main reason to avoid OTA updates because the ROM has to use the recovery to install the OTA update and custom recoveries don't handle this correctly.
- 01-09-2014, 11:14 PM #4
- 01-13-2014, 01:41 PM #5
- 01-14-2014, 10:49 AM #6
- By Tictyler in forum Connected AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 02-13-2014, 02:47 AM
- By avuazn in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S IIReplies: 6Last Post: 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM
- By Gbuch in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:05 AM
- By n0obpr0 in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
- By Sabrina56 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 11:20 PM