G2 and Email, Help?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I sure hope someone can help. Kinda embarrassing to have to ask.

I am new to the G2, and have been a Blackberry user for the last five years, which I always justified because of my business use and needs from my device.

I was told the android system, and the G2, was a good business choice for an upgrade from a blackberry, but now I'm starting to wonder if I should have stuck with a Blackberry.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good email app or program that will work on the G2? I just experienced the embarrassment of going to a business meeting with fellow associates and some clients, where all were watching, as some of my latest email communication from my new G2 (as well as other peoples) where being presented to a large group of people on a slide show for all to see, and as far as mine go from my G2, it looked like a moron had written the emails...........I know, it was my mistake for not first reviewing my email on a large monitor, but was in a pinch for time, and was trusting the G2 email app.

This is kinda embarrassing for the G2, and the android OS, to have a native email program that is reminiscent of early 1980's technology. Yeah, that's how bad it is.

Here's what I'm looking for and what's needed, (btw was basic to all blackberrys).

> > >Something that will allow the G2 user to compose an email where the user can choose from a good selection of different fonts, and choose several different sizes of fonts, at a minimum. > > > So that when someone receives it, and views it on a typical office monitor, it doesn't look like it was composed by someone who knows nothing about good communication and presentation... ..... maybe a stand alone Application made for Android? hopefully something compatible with POP and/or IMAP ? but please no suggestions for some Web-Mail in any form.

Is that asking too much of LG/Android, geeez? If Blackberry was able to do it, shouldn't Android be able to do something similar as a minimum for their customers?
Who in business wants to receive an email from the native email application that comes with the G2?...anyone.....anyone?

A good email app is required for basic communication and presentation in the business world, isn't it? I can't be alone on this one.

Please help.......can anyone provide some options that will allow a business G2 user to compose basic, decent emails, that when received by someone who is reading them on a typical office desktop monitor, they don't look like something that originated in the early 1980's (when programmers where just figuring out how to create scalable fonts and good basic communication options for email).

... ... ... there must be some good business options out there for all G2 users that are in business, and that care about how their email communication comes across to the receiver.

Sorry for the rant, but my brief initial search at Google Play has turned up crap.

I'm sure I am not alone on this issue.

Thank you in advance. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :cool:

kind regards,

TahoeRunner

01/10/2014 at 1:25am PST

Last edited:

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Check out Aquamail. There's a free and Pro version.
(Welcome to Android! I also came from BB and there's a small learning curve, but after that you'll be glad you made the switch.)

Posted via Android Central App

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello tsells,

Thank you so much for your suggestions to me for a good email app on my new G2. You're a life saver.

Yep, finally made the switch from BB, and I really am starting to like my new G2, however as you said, there is a learning curve, but people such as yourself help make a big difference.

I'll check out your suggestion.

with much gratitude,

TahoeRunner

01/10/2014 at 1:01pm PST

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Nyvideo,

Very much appreciative for your suggestions that I look into Aqua Mail and MailDroid as good email apps for my new G2. I'll check them both out.

People such as yourself make this a great forum, and I hope I can help out whenever possible.

very grateful,

TahoeRunner,

1/10/2014 at 1:04pm PST

dstackmasta27

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello tsells,

Thank you so much for your suggestions to me for a good email app on my new G2. You're a life saver.

Yep, finally made the switch from BB, and I really am starting to like my new G2, however as you said, there is a learning curve, but people such as yourself help make a big difference.

I'll check out your suggestion.

with much gratitude,

TahoeRunner

01/10/2014 at 1:01pm PST

Hi Nyvideo,

Very much appreciative for your suggestions that I look into Aqua Mail and MailDroid as good email apps for my new G2. I'll check them both out.

People such as yourself make this a great forum, and I hope I can help out whenever possible.

very grateful,

TahoeRunner,

1/10/2014 at 1:04pm PST

Hey TR,

I'm interested in hearing your opinion after trying those apps. I too am looking for a good replacement to the...lackluster stock app. The GMail app is pretty nice, but it doesn't support adding other accounts so I can't really consider it :(