1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picture messages

I am having trouble sending picture messages to phones not on Verizon. I went to Verizon yesterday and they said I need to keep photo setting on 8 mp or less to send it in a message. I tried a picture at 8 and it went through fine. Is there a way of sending 10 and 13mp pictures in a message? It's disappointing to have such a nice camera and not be able to use it at its best to send pictures.

Default Re: Picture messages

I don't believe so. They have to compress it to send it through mms. If you send it through another service like email or hangouts, it should work fine.

Posted from my LG G2 via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! I guess that's another reason to use hangouts.

I was told by Verizon that the size of the photo does not matter. The phone compresses the picture before it sends it. My pics take a long time to send no matter what size I have them set on.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I haven't had this problem before, but this is the first phone I've owned that shot more than 8mp. It's definitely frustrating.

I leave mine on 13MP and send pictures to my Wife's iPhone all the time. I use Textra, don't know if maybe that has something to do with it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    I leave mine on 13MP and send pictures to my Wife's iPhone all the time. I use Textra, don't know if maybe that has something to do with it.
    What about phones on other carriers? That seems to be my problem. I'll play around with it some today and see if reception matters too.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It appears reception is the problem. I just sent two 10mp pictures from outside my house and they went through just fine.

This is fascinating to me. I have never been able to send full size pictures via mms. Even on network. It always tells me that it has to resize it. Is there some setting to make it not have to re size?

Try a different app, like I said above I use Textra without any problems.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by northernbound View Post
    This is fascinating to me. I have never been able to send full size pictures via mms. Even on network. It always tells me that it has to resize it. Is there some setting to make it not have to re size?

My phone resizes them before sending via mms. I think that's normal.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Try a different app, like I said above I use Textra without any problems.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    The other day before I went to Verizon I tried Textra and I had the same results as with the stock messaging app. I haven't tried Textra away from home to see if it works in a better reception area.

For whatever reason, every time i send a pic to a friend also on Verizon, out goes through, but when he seems me a pic, out just says downloading forever. If i then sends him a pic, his will finally come through. When i send a pic to a friend on at&t, she can get the text, but the pic is a gray square with an orange triangle with an exclamation point. She never gets my pics....ever.