1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default VZ is shipping me a new LG G2

With my fairly new LG G2 it works great but the battery life on it drains pretty fast. I'm careful with what apps I download and don't watch too many videos during the day and still have to find myself charging my phone almost everywhere I go or else the battery may entirely drain leaving me with a dead phone by the afternoon on any given day.

Has anyone experienced this with their LG G2?

P.S.

I'm glad I have the Verizon total protection plan because even though I didn't buy this phone new (got it on eBay) it is still covered under the extended manufacturers warranty given through Verizon. I don't pay a dime and they over night me a new phone.... just saying, that coverage is worth it to me!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: VZ is shipping me a new LG G2

To answer your question. No.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

So most people have great battery life on their G2's lasting at least 2 days before charging on average?

My daughter gets great battery life on her G2

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:

I can run my G2 near full tilt and have ~20-30% of my battery left at the end of the day. If considering the charge on my phone with my average usage I could easily get two maybe three days on a single full charge.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by user242 View Post
    So most people have great battery life on their G2's lasting at least 2 days before charging on average?

My G2 lasts longer than any smartphone I've have, but I get nowhere near two days. I usually unplug mine at 4:30 in the morning and when I get off work at 3:30 it's usually around 40%. Reception at my home isn't very good and work is worse, so I'm very pleased with my battery life.
    Thanked by:

Haven't had any issues with battery life after fully charging and discharging a few times. With moderate use I get great battery life.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Thanks for all your input guys. Hopefully I'll get much better battery life with my replacement G2 that Verizon will send me on Tuesday. I'll report later to see how the new phone goes. Any tips on charging ie. discharging to a certain percentage, and is it better using a lower amperage for overnight charging? Thanks again!

Thanks for all your input guys. Hopefully I'll get much better battery life with my replacement G2 that Verizon will send me on Tuesday. I'll report later to see how the new phone goes. Any tips on charging ie. discharging to a certain percentage, and is it better using a lower amperage for overnight charging? Thanks again!

When I got my G2 I charged it to 100% then went through a few full charge-discharge cycles over the next week or so. Now I try to charge at 20% and unplug at 70%. Since the phone will mostly be in deep sleep while in standby and charges very fast (1.5 hrs.) there is no need to keep it plugged in overnight. However, it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.

Battery Life - Tips and Myths

[Guide] Battery Saving Tips
    Thanked by:

Full discharge is not recommended nor necessary. These types of batteries it will shorten the life cycle. However, with the G2 there is no trick to good battery life. It packs a large battery so depending on how much you use the device it will get you through the day easily or much more with lighter use. Battery life varies with the individual as all of our usage habits are different. Sometimes I can get 24 hours or less and sometimes I get 48 hours or more. It all depends what I am doing. Nothing special has to be done with this devices battery. It may take a couple of days for the software, user habits, and battery to adjust when it comes to brand new devices. After that battery life will be the least of concerns.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Thanks for your feedback Adawg1203 I kinda knew all that already I just wanted to see if there was any specific details or technical maneuvers per say to enhance or prolong battery life on the G2.

Thanks for your feedback Adawg1203 I kinda knew all that already I just wanted to see if there was any specific details or technical maneuvers per say to enhance or prolong battery life on the G2.

Understood. I hope the new device works out much better for you!

Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Hey guys, well I've had my replacement G2 since Tuesday and so far I've seen a significant improvement in battery life. I guess I had a bad battery in my previous G2. The only thing I've noticed with this replacement is that the "knock" feature to turn off the phone doesn't work as well tapping on the middle of the screen. It seems more effective to tap on the top status area of the screen to shut off the phone. One the other hand tapping to turn on the phone seems to be working just fine. Is this happening to anyone else?