Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Persistent Autocorrect / Spelling Prompt Error

Try this: (1) type something (a word or gobble-dee-gook), (2) replace it with one of the suggestions presented above the keyboard, (3) GO BACK to the replaced word so that the suggestions are presented again, (4) try to replace again. Every time I do this, what is put in place the 2nd time around DOESNT MATCH what I've clicked on. It's as if the list of replacement options has changed, but the "button" tags are the same so they're out of sync. Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Default Re: Persistent Autocorrect / Spelling Prompt Error

Quote Originally Posted by James Paul Herman View Post
    Try this: (1) type something (a word or gobble-dee-gook), (2) replace it with one of the suggestions presented above the keyboard, (3) GO BACK to the replaced word so that the suggestions are presented again, (4) try to replace again. Every time I do this, what is put in place the 2nd time around DOESNT MATCH what I've clicked on. It's as if the list of replacement options has changed, but the "button" tags are the same so they're out of sync. Thoughts?

Not just you. I've noticed this also. I'll type a word and realize that it's wrong, I'll go back to the word and hit the suggestion, and it changes it to something completely different from what was suggested. And every time that I repeat the process, the word becomes more and more mutated until I delete it and start all over again. I have to say that I really like the LG stock keyboard as compared to others I have used. But for some reason, the swipe is on something, because it goes way out of wack with the auto-correction. I find myself having to do more corrections than anything. I think maybe it's too sensitive in auto-correct word suggestions.

I have the same issue, my Note 3 don't have this issue

I have the same issue on my LG G2. It is very frustrating. Anyone come across a solution yet?

I just tested this multiple times and am not experiencing that. I couldn't duplicate the issue. Strange! Maybe a third party keyboard like Swiftkey or the Google keyboard would work better for you.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I agree. SwiftKey keyboard is way better than stock

I use Swype. haven't used a stock keyboard in at least 4 years. though the g2 keyboard was pretty good for the 10 minutes it took to install Swype after setting up the phone

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk