- 22 Posts
LG G2: GPS takes FOREVER...if at all
I'll be driving and need maps and click on GPS and it sometimes will take FOREVER to lock on my location (usually rendering maps useless to me). Or, sometimes, like the other day when I just let it go even though I'd already made my location, GPS never locked on to my location.
Does anyone have this problem? Or maybe a fix? Without it, my maps function (whether it google, or waze, is useless to me).
- 01-17-2014, 06:27 AM #2
- 01-17-2014, 09:02 AM #3
- 01-18-2014, 12:33 PM #4
- 01-18-2014, 03:12 PM #5
- 01-19-2014, 10:29 AM #6
- 01-19-2014, 10:44 AM #7
- 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM #9
- 01-23-2014, 11:14 PM #10
- 57 Posts
Re: LG G2: GPS takes FOREVER...if at all
I usually keep GPS off unless I'm in maps, but a few times when I've forgotten to turn of GPS, the next time I used maps I thought it seemed to get a lock quicker.
The problem I have is some apps use the GPS that I don't see as necessary (Bleacher Report, Facebook), so I prefer to keep it off (and my battery life seems a slightly better if I keep it off)
BTW, how exactly would using waze help the GPS get a faster lock or more accurate lock?
- By Brian Low in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 20Last Post: 01-21-2014, 11:30 PM
- By quietlybrilliant in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:56 AM
- By Lilshaq65 in forum SprintReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2014, 06:37 PM
- By emscapt47 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM
- By JConn_Lefty in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM