Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: GPS takes FOREVER...if at all

Hey All...

I'll be driving and need maps and click on GPS and it sometimes will take FOREVER to lock on my location (usually rendering maps useless to me). Or, sometimes, like the other day when I just let it go even though I'd already made my location, GPS never locked on to my location.

Does anyone have this problem? Or maybe a fix? Without it, my maps function (whether it google, or waze, is useless to me).

Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-17-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: GPS takes FOREVER...if at all

Quote Originally Posted by Gleadogg View Post
    Hey All...

I'll be driving and need maps and click on GPS and it sometimes will take FOREVER to lock on my location (usually rendering maps useless to me). Or, sometimes, like the other day when I just let it go even though I'd already made my location, GPS never locked on to my location.

Does anyone have this problem? Or maybe a fix? Without it, my maps function (whether it google, or waze, is useless to me).

Thanks!
    Just wanted to say I'm experiencing that issue too
    S
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

same here with stock rom rooted

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

I have noticed this too. My G2 is stock. I find this very annoying and frustrating at times. And of course, it seems to take even longer when I most need to to get a GPS lock ASAP!

My wife and I haven't encountered this problem on our devices. I use the GPS twice a week and my connection lock is almost instant.
    The best revenge against haters is massive success!

You should download Waze and use it. Great GPS, the more people who use it, the better it is.

Default Re: LG G2: GPS takes FOREVER...if at all

I had the same problems with the gps when I only turned gps on when I needed it. Now I keep it on all the time and it locks instantly when I use Google Maps.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the tip...however, as I said in my original statement, it doesn't work with waze either.

"...my maps function (whether it google, or waze, is useless to me)."

Try with GPS Status and download A-Gps data within the app. It helps with faster locks with a-gps assistance. Not real solution, but it does help with faster gps lock.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

I usually keep GPS off unless I'm in maps, but a few times when I've forgotten to turn of GPS, the next time I used maps I thought it seemed to get a lock quicker.

The problem I have is some apps use the GPS that I don't see as necessary (Bleacher Report, Facebook), so I prefer to keep it off (and my battery life seems a slightly better if I keep it off)

BTW, how exactly would using waze help the GPS get a faster lock or more accurate lock?