Screen lock questions...

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible that after the screen times out and you don't have the security lock set to immediately activate then you just have to double knock and swipe to unlock the screen. Is there a way to just double knock on the screen to get back to where you were on your phone instead of having to swipe to unlock your screen? I have my screen time out set to just 30 sec and sometimes the "smart screen" doesn't work and the screen times out. It just gets annoying having to always swipe to unlock the screen when this happens. (In other words is there a delayed timer for just the screen lock?) I know there's a delayed timer for the security lock to activate.

Thanks and sorry for the drawn out post.

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with LG's skin or the G2, so I'm not sure exactly where your settings are. On the ROM I'm running (CM11 - based off vanilla Android) you go to lock screen>screen security. I have mine set to lock immediately if I turn the screen off manually, and to lock after 10 seconds if the screen times out and turns off on it's own.

If I tap the power button within 10 seconds I go back to where I was without having to swipe first.

I would imagine that the problem isn't so much with the lock screen settings so much as the double knock. I have read in every review of the G2 that the "knock on" doesn't work consistently. Hopefully a software update will fix this for G2 users.

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input "dancing-bass" I see what you're saying and my phone doesn't even give me any time let alone 10 seconds like your phone does so that you can just double-knock or turn the power button from the back to get back to my previous activity on my phone. It gets to be a little bit of a drag having the screen time out and not being able to get back on immediately after double knocking.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Larry Dillenberg

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
There is a timer for the screen lock. Its under lock screen settings. Set it out to something longer (like a minute or two) and then you won't have to swipe to get back to where you left off, just the knock-on.

Posted via Android Central App

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a timer for the screen lock. Its under lock screen settings. Set it out to something longer (like a minute or two) and then you won't have to swipe to get back to where you left off, just the knock-on.

Thank you, I tried what you said but when my screen times out it still immediately goes to the swipe lock screen which requires one swipe to get back on the phone. I set the lock security screen to a minute and I believe this just means that after a minute of being on the lock screen it then goes to the security lock screen.

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that this will only work if you let the screen time-out. If you manually knock-off then the swipe lock activates.

Well Larry, I've tried everything and I usually don't knock on the phone unless I'm ready to put it away for a while. The phone times out in 30 sec sometimes longer if the "stay awake" feature detects my eyes. Anyway, as soon as the screen on my phone times out it goes straight to the screen lock and I have to make one swipe to get back on to where I was previously on my phone. This was also happening on the first G2 I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy