Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 constantly adding periods during messaging? And other problems

So I have had my LG G2 for a month now. I really should take it in, but have been pretty busy.

However when I am using the text messaging, when I type something it will add random periods in between words. I have tried googling to see if anyone else has had this issue with no luck. For instance, an example ;

What it SHOULD look like ; "I went to the store after work."

What mine will sometimes do (often) ; "I.went to.the.store after.work."

And no, I am not hitting the "." key. I can be very careful and see the space bar light up as I hit it, and still shows a period.

I have also noticed annoying loud noises when on the phone with someone, kind of like someone is hitting a button on their phone, but isn't. Another issue I have is the voice-mail quality. 90% of the voice-mails make the person sound like a grainy robot. Phone calls are fine quality wise, voice-mails not.

Any help on these issues and if they are fixable would be great. Or what I should ask Sprint to do while they fix my phone. Thanks!

Global Posts
    25,309 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: LG G2 constantly adding periods during messaging? And other problems

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu769 View Post
    So I have had my LG G2 for a month now. I really should take it in, but have been pretty busy.

However when I am using the text messaging, when I type something it will add random periods in between words. I have tried googling to see if anyone else has had this issue with no luck. For instance, an example ;

What it SHOULD look like ; "I went to the store after work."

What mine will sometimes do (often) ; "I.went to.the.store after.work."

And no, I am not hitting the "." key. I can be very careful and see the space bar light up as I hit it, and still shows a period.

I have also noticed annoying loud noises when on the phone with someone, kind of like someone is hitting a button on their phone, but isn't. Another issue I have is the voice-mail quality. 90% of the voice-mails make the person sound like a grainy robot. Phone calls are fine quality wise, voice-mails not.

Any help on these issues and if they are fixable would be great. Or what I should ask Sprint to do while they fix my phone. Thanks!
    I would check 2 things. In settings, is there an option for tapping the space bar twice to add a period, or anything like that?
    The other thing I would do is go to Settings>Apps>Keyboard (whatever it may be called, possibly LG Keyboard)>clear cache.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry