Big jump in data usage.

Nev

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Note 2 to the G2 back in December. This is my 5th android device since switching from a BlackBerry several years ago. This last data cycle had me puzzled...my normal 3.5 to 4.5 GB of usage has jumped up to 7.5+ and I can't fugue out why. I've never gone that high with any of the other devices I've used and I haven't noticed myself doing anything differently in regards to my normal routine. Is there anything that causes this to handle data differently than other phones? Has anyone else noticed this? Thoughts?

Posted via the TARDIS.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a Note 2 to the G2 back in December. This is my 5th android device since switching from a BlackBerry several years ago. This last data cycle had me puzzled...my normal 3.5 to 4.5 GB of usage has jumped up to 7.5+ and I can't fugue out why. I've never gone that high with any of the other devices I've used and I haven't noticed myself doing anything differently in regards to my normal routine. Is there anything that causes this to handle data differently than other phones? Has anyone else noticed this? Thoughts?

Posted via the TARDIS.

Any new applications?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No, not really. Same stuff I always use. Disabled what I didn't want/don't use. I might have one or two recent additions but that's it.

Posted via the TARDIS.

What are the usage results in settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Nev

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What are the usage results in settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

After playing around, it looks like I failed to remember that I went from an 8 to 13 MP camera...so the photos I was sending and posting were much larger than I was used to. I changed a few settings with some of the system's auto syncing. Hopefully this'll help.

Thanks!

Posted via the TARDIS.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After playing around, it looks like I failed to remember that I went from an 8 to 13 MP camera...so the photos I was sending and posting were much larger than I was used to. I changed a few settings with some of the system's auto syncing. Hopefully this'll help.

Thanks!

Posted via the TARDIS.

That can easily do it, especially if you share a lot of photos. Hope that fixes it. See you around the forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci