Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation LG G2 Taking Forever to Charge!

Hello,

I've had my LG G2 since about Christmas. Last night I fell asleep without charging my phone (as it was at about 40%) and woke up this morning to find the phone dead for the first time since I have had it. I plugged it into the charger and after letting it charge for 4 hours it is still only at 60% and says it still needs 3 & 1/2 more hours before it will be fully charged. Now I am using the charger and cable that came with the phone so I am not sure why this is happening. Any clue for what could be wrong with the phone? My mobile data is off right now as I have reached my cap for the month however I don't think this should impact my phone's charging. Not really sure what else it could be. Normally my G2 charges extremely fast (2 hours tops maybe).

Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: LG G2 Taking Forever to Charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasb View Post
    Hello,

I've had my LG G2 since about Christmas. Last night I fell asleep without charging my phone (as it was at about 40%) and woke up this morning to find the phone dead for the first time since I have had it. I plugged it into the charger and after letting it charge for 4 hours it is still only at 60% and says it still needs 3 & 1/2 more hours before it will be fully charged. Now I am using the charger and cable that came with the phone so I am not sure why this is happening. Any clue for what could be wrong with the phone? My mobile data is off right now as I have reached my cap for the month however I don't think this should impact my phone's charging. Not really sure what else it could be. Normally my G2 charges extremely fast (2 hours tops maybe).

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central
    Have you tried using a different charging cable? Or perhaps a different wall socket?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

First off, welcome to the Forums!

Probably the best bet is to try another plug in like said above. I can't really think of anything else that it could be other than your battery is messed up.

Just a tad bit of advice, its not a bad idea to let your phone die completely every so often.

Sent from the mother ship

Are you using the official LG charger that came with your phone? If not, it may not be taking advantage of the fast charge capability.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post
    First off, welcome to the Forums!

Probably the best bet is to try another plug in like said above. I can't really think of anything else that it could be other than your battery is messed up.

Just a tad bit of advice, its not a bad idea to let your phone die completely every so often.

Sent from the mother ship
    I thought that logic only applied to the old NiMH batteries. I've been under the impression that with the newer Lithium batteries, a complete drain is actually not good for them since they don't retain a "memory" so-to-speak like the older batteries did.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So apparently restarting it a couple of times did the trick =/ .. Still not really sure what was wrong but after my 3rd time restarting the phone it suddenly decided to get back to its regular speed.

Before that I did in fact try different wall sockets and a different cable but that made no difference. @ Dcleveng yes I made sure to use the official LG charger. & @ Mynameis.. I normally just let the battery get right until its going to die and then charge it. Just have never let it actually die before.