1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery percentage never changes...please help

So, I have a strange problem where my battery percentage on my Verizon G2 never changes from 100 percent no matter how much I use the device. This becomes an issue at the end of heavy use days and my phone has died multiple times without warning. LG support was no help and they want me to send the phone back to them, and I won't get a replacement for over a week. Verizon wants me to file an insurance claim and have Asurion replace the device. I don't want to go this route because I already had to file one claim on his phone because of a cracked screen.

I'd much rather solve this issue on my own. I tried a factory reset yesterday, but that didn't fix the issue. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? When I go into the battery portion of the settings, it always says "Collecting battery info. Please wait."

My phone is not rooted and I'm running the VS98012B software version. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Battery percentage never changes...please help

Quote Originally Posted by UniversalGC View Post
    So, I have a strange problem where my battery percentage on my Verizon G2 never changes from 100 percent no matter how much I use the device. This becomes an issue at the end of heavy use days and my phone has died multiple times without warning. LG support was no help and they want me to send the phone back to them, and I won't get a replacement for over a week. Verizon wants me to file an insurance claim and have Asurion replace the device. I don't want to go this route because I already had to file one claim on his phone because of a cracked screen.

I'd much rather solve this issue on my own. I tried a factory reset yesterday, but that didn't fix the issue. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? When I go into the battery portion of the settings, it always says "Collecting battery info. Please wait."

My phone is not rooted and I'm running the VS98012B software version. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
    Welcome to the forums.
    The only thing I can think of is to try clearing the system cache in recovery. However, I do not know how to do so. I can poke around and see what I can find.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

General instructions:
    YouTube:

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually went to the Verizon store, and they called Asurion. They are going to replace the phone under the Asurion one-year warranty, so it doesn't count as my second claim on this phone. They also guaranteed they would send me a new device, and not a re-furb. The downside is they are currently out of stock, so it looks like it will be next week before I get the replacement.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually went to the Verizon store, and they called Asurion. They are going to replace the phone under the Asurion one-year warranty, so it doesn't count as my second claim on this phone. They also guaranteed they would send me a new device, and not a re-furb. The downside is they are currently out of stock, so it looks like it will be next week before I get the replacement.
    Ok. Good news about that. Let us know how it works out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Why would you go through Asurion when you have a 1 year warranty through Verizon for free?