1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: Nonstop LED flashing

So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop. It never did this before and I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this now. When I have an actual notification, like a text or email, it'll only flash green- like it normally does- but when there aren't any notifications, it just continually flashes rainbows at me. Is this a new thing? I don't want to turn off that light permanently, because I like when it's actually doing its job of notifying me, but now it's just annoying How do I fix this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: Nonstop LED flashing

Quote Originally Posted by stellaxtine View Post
    So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop. It never did this before and I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this now. When I have an actual notification, like a text or email, it'll only flash green- like it normally does- but when there aren't any notifications, it just continually flashes rainbows at me. Is this a new thing? I don't want to turn off that light permanently, because I like when it's actually doing its job of notifying me, but now it's just annoying How do I fix this?
    have you been using some application that makes your LED flash, if yes then uninstall that and try installing a different application that suits your need.
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    have you been using some application that makes your LED flash, if yes then uninstall that and try installing a different application that suits your need.
    No, I haven't downloaded any new apps recently

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Using Light Flow?

If so you actually have to go into the app to get the light to stop. Swiping the notification away does not do it.

try rebooting your phone.

David

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: LG G2: Nonstop LED flashing

So I woke up this morning to my LED notification light flashing every color. After clearing the notifications that had accrued over the night and checking my settings, it still doesn't stop.
    Mine did the same exact thing a week or two ago. It was when I woke up like you, and went to unplug it. I cleared notifications and it still flashed. Mine was flashing three different colors. Rebooted and haven't had the issue since.

No special apps or anything like that wants to do anything to the LED installed.

I had this, or something similar, happen twice when my morning alarm (stock alarm) when off. I hit snooze but it never alarmed again and the LED was flashing through it's range of colors. No new apps other then updates. I haven't had a chance to dig into/repeat it yet.

Settings, display, tap notification light. Sounds like the led is set to display when the alarm goes off.

Posted via Android Central App

No, I haven't downloaded any new apps recently
    then, i guess enjoy the different colors !! i don't think it is annoying in fact its wonderful.......
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst

I had this problem too... The back button led was blinking also.
    Rebooting only solved temporarily, since the next morning the phone was again blinking as a Christmas tree.

I figured out the problem was with the alarm/clock app (the front led is set to rainbow blinking on alarms, as is the back led), so I tried deleting the application cache and data and now it seems working again as it should...

My phone did the same thing and it was driving me crazy. I removed the SIM card and reinstalled and have had no problems. This did happen after I used the USB cord to download photos to my laptop. Not sure if this was the cause or not.