Wireless Chargers for Verizon LG G2

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

RadioZero

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
i have the LG version, i call it the hockey puck, works fine. it charged my phone from completely Dead to completely Full in under 6 hours.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the nokia is like 25 bucks still from at &t

Hi all,

Just wanted to see what kinds of wireless chargers you all use with your LG G2. I've done a little bit of searching online for popular wireless chargers, and the below two seem to be fairly popular in general:

Any recommendations on the two chargers above or any other wireless chargers that you've used? Any cons?

Thanks!

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nokia DT-900 from my Windows Phone days and it works fine, but I wouldn't mind finding a charging pad that's bigger. It seems like the Nokia pad is a bit finicky sometimes with the phone placement.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nokia DT-900 from my Windows Phone days and it works fine, but I wouldn't mind finding a charging pad that's bigger. It seems like the Nokia pad is a bit finicky sometimes with the phone placement.

Does the Nokia charger have magnets that hold the phone in place or does it just sit on there? I have the nexus 5 and was thinking of picking up the Nokia charger from ATT for 25 bucks but I wasn't sure if it had magnets like the nexus wireless charger or not. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Does the Nokia charger have magnets that hold the phone in place or does it just sit on there? I have the nexus 5 and was thinking of picking up the Nokia charger from ATT for 25 bucks but I wasn't sure if it had magnets like the nexus wireless charger or not. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

No magnets, the phone just sits on it. It works well, the G2 just seems to be more sensitive to how it's placed on the charger than the last phone I used it with.

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i have the LG version, i call it the hockey puck, works fine. it charged my phone from completely Dead to completely Full in under 6 hours.

RadioZero, is the LG charging pad finicky in terms of phone placement, or is it fairly forgiving if your phone isn't placed on the sweet spot?

RadioZero

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
RadioZero, is the LG charging pad finicky in terms of phone placement, or is it fairly forgiving if your phone isn't placed on the sweet spot?

you can place the phone in any direction on the charger as long as you place it just south of center of the phone.

there is a light on the charger that starts flashing Green when you are on the "sweet spot"

i hope that makes sense. also my phone has the diztronic case and it still works fine.

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
you can place the phone in any direction on the charger as long as you place it just south of center of the phone.

there is a light on the charger that starts flashing Green when you are on the "sweet spot"

i hope that makes sense. also my phone has the diztronic case and it still works fine.

Awesome. I picked one up at the AT&T store today (waited 30 minutes in queue before someone could help me just to check out the charging pad!). Coincidentally, I also bought a Ditronic case (arrives Monday), so my set up should be identical to yours.

Rugenstat

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Vu charger by TYLT for a couple months now. I charge it with a TPU case on and there is no orientation issues, landscape and portrait both work. I got it for 50% off from their black friday deal, however, it's well worth the full price.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Nexus wireless charger. Definitely has magnets, as the back sticks to it very well and the charger works great! It's small and unassuming and the charger adheres to most surfaces.

Posted via Android Central App

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nokia one that I use at work. I've experienced no problems with it. It doesn't charge as quickly as the regular USB charger, but it isn't supposed to. Just plop it down and pick it up if you need to run to a meeting or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781