Animated gifs

D_atribe

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I searched and didn't get a hit.

Has anyone else had issues with receiving gifs? They only work through chrome for me. Any sent through text or hangouts only have the last frame.

Posted via Android Central App

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Gifs will always be sent as single frames. you have to email them to send the complete Gif. Also Gifs sent through hangouts would be sent to another person on hangouts and not as an SMS or MMS but as purely data.

But i may be wrong. i've been wrong once before in my life so it is possible.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Bump.

I'm using chrome on moto x. It saves the files as .gif but just displays the actual picture. Doesn't animate or anything when I send thru text. I'm in a group chat and everyone is using an iPhone except me. All of them post gifs.

How can we fix this

D_atribe

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually download and save Gifs from Reddit. They all display perfectly when viewing them through the Google "Photos" app.

Thanks for that. Now I can dl them at least. Still can't get any that are sent to me by txt to play. Does anyone know if this is only on the g2?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
its a hit and miss on my moto x. most misses. i can see them animate in google photo gallery but when i send them as mms, no one sees it. yet others mms me gifs and i see them fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae