Talk to me about durability

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Contract is up and it's time for some new phones. We are looking at the S4 and this G2 which I'm impressed with. We are going from Droid Razr Maxx phones with Kevlar and Gorilla glass, not that important to me, but my wife admits to dropping hers, "a lot". I know I can get huge cases for the G2 but then it gets bulky.
Can anyone comment on durability? The S4 screen seems easier to break......what about the G2?
Thank you.

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my phone being naked the entire time I've had it. Given I've only had it since yesterday.

In all honesty the phone is a bit slippery (or so it seems) without a case. I think a slim case on it will solve that. All it takes is that one fall where the phone lands wrong and its over. Good luck with both. My wife has an s3 and I wouldn't say hers is any more durable than my g2. Not sure how the s4 stacks up

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my phone naked since launch day. Ive never dropped it on concrete, but have dropped it on wood floors and gravel. Aside from a few scuffs its fine. The screen itself does not scratch easily which is nice.

Hope this helps

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Ballistic case on my G2, and while it does add some bulk to the phone, it still fits in my pocket just fine. It also make it a little easier to hold. The case does admittedly take away from the attractiveness of the phone, but that trade off is worth it for me. I do however sometimes take the case off at my desk at work or at home to enjoy the phone au naturel.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Contract is up and it's time for some new phones. We are looking at the S4 and this G2 which I'm impressed with. We are going from Droid Razr Maxx phones with Kevlar and Gorilla glass, not that important to me, but my wife admits to dropping hers, "a lot". I know I can get huge cases for the G2 but then it gets bulky.
Can anyone comment on durability? The S4 screen seems easier to break......what about the G2?
Thank you.

If you like to root and ROM, skip the S4.
I have an S4 and Samsung is locking the phone down so tight that if you attempt to root in the wrong way, they can invalidate your warranty.
ROMs, at least on Verizon are a complete no go.

Skip the S4.

Nairolf De

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The durability of the G2 isn't worse than the S4's. Even with a case it's really slim and good to use. I've dropped mine about 3 times and it's still ok just some scratches at the glossy back. I think about taking it of and paint it mat red...

Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app