Verizon LG G2 Google contacts won't sync

lexalexander

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My Google contacts refuse to sync. Every time I try, I immediately get the exclamation-mark icon.

This has only started happening in the past day. I bought the phone on Jan. 24. When I bought it, the VZW guy copied all my contacts from my old phone, and for some reason, this resulted in hundreds of duplicate contacts. I lived with it until yesterday, when I went into my Google contacts both via PC and on the phone and joined those that needed joining and deleted those I no longer needed. Now, everything else in Google syncs, but contacts do not. I've tried rebooting the phone; no luck. Suggestions? Thanks.

Don't know if this is relevant, but all the pages/threads here and other sites I've Googled refer to going to Settings/Accounts & Sync. There is no "Accounts & Sync" on G2 like there was on my old phone. Just Settings => Accounts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing can occur occasionally, if there's an issue with the Google server. It will often clear up on its own within a day, so consider waiting another day or so and see if it persists.

The Settings page where you can see the sync details is usually Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]. You will see a list of all Google apps, and a check mark next to the ones that are set to sync. It will also show the last time a successful sync occurred.

Sometimes it may help to actually remove your Google account (in that same Settings>Accounts-Google menu) and then add it back.

SpikeHouston

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've seen the same thing on mine for a few months--just the exclamation point and the message that my contacts haven't synced since 31 Dec. But that really isn't the case. They do, in fact, sync. I added a contact on my phone and changed a few others, and they showed up in Google contacts on my computer.

Is this what you're talking about?

Rugenstat

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This happens to mine often, not sure why though. To fix it, I clear the data from Contacts and Contacts Storage in Application Manager then go back into contacts and it starts to resync.

SpikeHouston

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just be careful that you clear data from Google's contact app and not Verizon's. I actually did this a while back and managed to erase all my phone contacts. I never did recover them. Pretty dumb, I know.

Last edited:

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I also see that message, but my contacts sync fine. My Motorola Razr MAXX also had that exact same problem, so I'd venture to say
it's an Android OS issue and not a problem with a particular phone model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois