LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Last night I spoke to another rep when trying to reactivate my G2. I switched phones for an hour and realized how much more I love my G2 (my apologies G2). Anyhow, I asked the infamous question again about the update and pointed out that now T-mobile has it via desktop download. She says.. "we don't control the download, it comes from the manufacturer." I've heard this time and time again, and though it may be true, the darn update package has to be approved by vzw before it is pushed by the manufacturer. So it's always curious to see that vzw reps put the responsibility on LG when in fact the delay may be in their approval process. SMH.

murdalok

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The update has to be released by LG (it has), then approved by the carrier, in this case Verizon.

As a frontline agent with Verizon, I can honestly tell you we are not privy to software release dates. In fact we get very little information before consumers do on the majority of releases/changes within Verizon.

With all that being said, hopefuly soon.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The update has to be released by LG (it has), then approved by the carrier, in this case Verizon.

As a frontline agent with Verizon, I can honestly tell you we are not privy to software release dates. In fact we get very little information before consumers do on the majority of releases/changes within Verizon.

With all that being said, hopefuly soon.

VZW sucks on upgrade releases. ATT started pushing 4.4 to their G2s last week, today T-Mobile and we'll see when Sprint and VZW will follow...

Posted via Android Central App on LG G2

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Talking to reps about ota dates will do no good. When I had my SGS3 I remember on other forums folks were constantly asking reps on chat, Twitter, phone, and Never got a straight answer. All the way up until the ota was released. No info.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
VZW sucks on upgrade releases. ATT started pushing 4.4 to their G2s last week, today T-Mobile and we'll see when Sprint and VZW will follow...

Another way of looking at it is that VZW only pushes updates out after thoroughly testing them...

In the words of Gabriel Iglesias, "That's funny huh?"

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand why carriers don't use "timely updates" as a selling point.

Because we keep coming back for more and continue to buy phones from them. Why update phones when everyone is pushing their versions of "early upgrade" programs. .... get a new phone instead of get a new update seems the way carriers like things these days.

David

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess Verizon dropping the Moto X KK updates before anyone else, including Google on some Nexus devices, gets no cred around here.

I'll be happy to see the updates, and I use to use custom ROMs to get the latest and greatest, but there isn't anything in KK that I'm clamoring to have.

What is everyone else looking forward to in the update?

Posted via Android Central App

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand why carriers don't use "timely updates" as a selling point.

because subscribers don't care. at all. about updates. I'd guess that the vast, VAST majority of subscribers don't even research what phone they want before buying it. they go to the store and get whatever's free with contract, on sale, or in the commercial on the radio in the car on the way there.

how many ppl do you know that are happy to tell you they "just got a new phone!!!" but have no idea what it is when you ask? and they're holding the box it came in in their hand.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
because subscribers don't care. at all. about updates. I'd guess that the vast, VAST majority of subscribers don't even research what phone they want before buying it. they go to the store and get whatever's free with contract, on sale, or in the commercial on the radio in the car on the way there.

how many ppl do you know that are happy to tell you they "just got a new phone!!!" but have no idea what it is when you ask? and they're holding the box it came in in their hand.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data :)

Spot on. We are a small community. I was saying the same thing on my previous phone the SGS3.

tjay311

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the bluetooth low power so that I can use my phone with my garmin device for live tracking. Requires at least 4.3

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Another way of looking at it is that VZW only pushes updates out after thoroughly testing them...

In the words of Gabriel Iglesias, "That's funny huh?"

OR they want you to get new phones often and not upgrade the OS on" older" phones...

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What is the most current software version for the Verizon G2?
I currently only have 4.2.2 with no updates - does everyone else have 4.3?

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
LG is skipping 4.3 and going straight to 4.4.

4.2.2 (VS98012B) is the latest build/version right now on Verizon's G2.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope the update comes soon. I haven't heard anything in the last few days other than a HELPFUL post somewhere that said there is no word from Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax