Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    I was wondering because I read somewhere it was supposed to be in January or the end of it and now we are heading into middle of February. This is my first LG phone and was wondering if they just put products out and forget them?

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I read that the update will be hitting LG G2 by close of Q1 so you should have it before the end of March. It's more than likely that the LG G3 will be out before the update tho
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    It's more than likely that the LG G3 will be out before the update tho
    I'm thinking the same thing and not that I really care that much about 4.4, but it's pretty pathetic that it hasn't come to the G2 here yet. I wish Android issued updates like Apple does on a more consistent and uniform basis.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Yeah I agree and I think in time it's something that will happen, apple have got it nailed down for updates. That's why I have a nexus, as it bugs me so much waiting for updates!!

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I can't remember where I read this but I read somewhere that some think that it will start rolling out after MWC when they show off new devices running 4.4.2.
  6. #6  
    dookie.'s Avatar

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    That's why I have a nexus, as it bugs me so much waiting for updates!!
    Because the Galaxy Nexus was so prompt with updates?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I'm talking current nexus, like the nexus 5

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    The update should be available within the next 4-6 weeks, which would be about 6-7 months after the G2 was released. Not bad for LG.

    Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I have Verizon version will they be even slower?

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    AT&T is getting it right now. Hopefully we're not too far behind.

    Yeah, I know.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    That's what I hear, hopefully we get it soon

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Yeah I heard in another thread that its rolling out today, hopefully you get it soon
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I'm excited that LG stated 17% better performance with KK on the G2.
  14. #14  
    alcor34's Avatar

    Posts
    340 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    I was on the phone with Verizon today for another issue, and the conversation turned into talking about updates. Apparently the tech had one too. What she said when I started talking about the move that drew attention to ATT for the update to Kit Kat was, "they were not supposed to do that" then went hmm. It was strange, almost to imply that there was a carrier timeframe between them. Sadly, what she said is that VZW update is a ways off (grain of salt with everything). I said like March and she didn't say no or yes. So, oh well. Hopefully, the fact that ATT dropped the update will prompt them to get rolling.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    I was on the phone with Verizon today for another issue, and the conversation turned into talking about updates. Apparently the tech had one too. What she said when I started talking about the move that drew attention to ATT for the update to Kit Kat was, "they were not supposed to do that" then went hmm. It was strange, almost to imply that there was a carrier timeframe between them. Sadly, what she said is that VZW update is a ways off (grain of salt with everything). I said like March and she didn't say no or yes. So, oh well. Hopefully, the fact that ATT dropped the update will prompt them to get rolling.
    typical Verizon tardiness....... (and likely cluelessness)
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Now T-Mobile has it too. Looks like Verizon is going to be dead last again as usual.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Verizon network needs to up there game

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  
    Tersanyus's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    There's always the chance that Verizon could beat Sprint's G2 to KK

    Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
    Now T-Mobile has it too. Looks like Verizon is going to be dead last again as usual.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Any word on 4.4?

    Verizon needs to realize that software updates aren't going to significantly impact the stability of their network. Considering Verizon is a founding member of the Open Handset Alliance, they really ought to know better.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    slinky826's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    I just want some damn KK on my phone. Its hungry!!!!!

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  
    alcor34's Avatar

    Posts
    340 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    Last night I spoke to another rep when trying to reactivate my G2. I switched phones for an hour and realized how much more I love my G2 (my apologies G2). Anyhow, I asked the infamous question again about the update and pointed out that now T-mobile has it via desktop download. She says.. "we don't control the download, it comes from the manufacturer." I've heard this time and time again, and though it may be true, the darn update package has to be approved by vzw before it is pushed by the manufacturer. So it's always curious to see that vzw reps put the responsibility on LG when in fact the delay may be in their approval process. SMH.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    The update has to be released by LG (it has), then approved by the carrier, in this case Verizon.

    As a frontline agent with Verizon, I can honestly tell you we are not privy to software release dates. In fact we get very little information before consumers do on the majority of releases/changes within Verizon.

    With all that being said, hopefuly soon.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by murdalok View Post
    The update has to be released by LG (it has), then approved by the carrier, in this case Verizon.

    As a frontline agent with Verizon, I can honestly tell you we are not privy to software release dates. In fact we get very little information before consumers do on the majority of releases/changes within Verizon.

    With all that being said, hopefuly soon.
    VZW sucks on upgrade releases. ATT started pushing 4.4 to their G2s last week, today T-Mobile and we'll see when Sprint and VZW will follow...

    Posted via Android Central App on LG G2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    Talking to reps about ota dates will do no good. When I had my SGS3 I remember on other forums folks were constantly asking reps on chat, Twitter, phone, and Never got a straight answer. All the way up until the ota was released. No info.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: LG G2: Any word on 4.4?

    Quote Originally Posted by korab84 View Post
    VZW sucks on upgrade releases. ATT started pushing 4.4 to their G2s last week, today T-Mobile and we'll see when Sprint and VZW will follow...

    Posted via Android Central App on LG G2
    Another way of looking at it is that VZW only pushes updates out after thoroughly testing them...

    In the words of Gabriel Iglesias, "That's funny huh?"
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I boot into recovery on my prestigio multipad 8.0 HD?
    By Mindaugas Kazlauskas in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 09:49 AM
  2. Is KitKat worth on Galaxy S4...??
    By Sammy3007 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 12:59 AM
  3. Nexus S battery discharged and not turning ON
    By prakashgupta in forum AT&T Nexus S
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:54 AM
  4. Google vs. Siri on flight status
    By jpoulin587 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:59 AM
  5. Words with Friends
    By mrsbehr in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 06:46 AM

Posting Permissions