LG G2 Notebook file location--where are they stored?

kmcclivereed

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a former Blackberry user and got the LG G2 because of an OK experience with a Google Nexus tablet. I'm quickly beginning to regret buying this phone because comparatively, I have no control over it. . . . and the simplest tasks appear to be undoable on it.

All I want to do at the moment is import some text files (exported Outlook Notes files) into the Notebook application. The app settings have an import/export "from internal storage" function. The only problem is that I have no idea where this "internal storage" is, as Verizon (or LG, or whoever) has this phone set up so that you can't plug it into a PC with a USB cord, open Windows Explorer, and see the actual file structure. (YES I have always been able to do this with every other device I've owned--maybe I was just lucky).

The files do not appear anywhere in the File Manager app either. Sorry to growl but I simply do not have hours to try to find my way around this wretched thing.Perhaps if the LG G2 didn't have such a dizzying array of bloatware splattered all over it, I'd have an easier time figuring out where things are. . . .

I appreciate any help you can offer.

talon1812

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Try using ES file explorer. It's the best file manager. I have it on all of my devices. I have an older version that I like better than the newer version.
Anything you want to do can be viewed on videos on YouTube.
Cheers, Frank.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I plug mine into a PC and use Windows Explorer all the time. When you plug into USB you have to choose how that connection will be used though.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure whether my issue will pertain to this, but I figure I'll give it a shot, since it's regarding files.

I just sent a video from my iPad to my LG G2 (Sprint). The video downloaded to my "Internal Storage," and I want to delete it. I can't play the video. I get a message saying there's no "application" to play the video.

Very annoying. I found the "Internal Storage section" on my phone, but even under "Videos," it says my storage is empty. I know the video is on my phone somewhere, because when I clicked on the email I sent myself with the video again, it told me there was already a video with the same name saved to my phone.

How can I get into my Internal Storage to delete this video I can't seem to find?

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm a former Blackberry user and got the LG G2 because of an OK experience with a Google Nexus tablet. I'm quickly beginning to regret buying this phone because comparatively, I have no control over it. . . . and the simplest tasks appear to be undoable on it.

First, please go back and read the manual that came with the phone and then re-read it, I find that so many people really do not read it before using the phone.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I just sent a video from my iPad to my LG G2 (Sprint). The video downloaded to my "Internal Storage," and I want to delete it. I can't play the video. I get a message saying there's no "application" to play the video.
You need to download a video app from the play store, there are many good ones there.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
First, please go back and read the manual that came with the phone and then re-read it, I find that so many people really do not read it before using the phone.

This phone doesn't come with a manual. There is a small pamphlet with a few basic instructions, but nothing that would be helpful with the question she posted.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The only problem is that I have no idea where this "internal storage" is, as Verizon (or LG, or whoever) has this phone set up so that you can't plug it into a PC with a USB cord, open Windows Explorer, and see the actual file structure. (YES I have always been able to do this with every other device I've owned--maybe I was just lucky).
download the manual and go to page 53
LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG USA
USB connection
USB connection is a feature that allows your device to connect to a PC
using a USB Cable.
To select a USB mode for a connection
1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps Key > Settings > PC
connection > Select USB connection method.
2. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to
connect to the PC.
Tap Charge phone to use only the charging function and not the USB
function.
NOTE For Windows? XP, the MTP driver is not installed by default. If Windows Media
Player(WMP) over version 10.x is installed on the PC, the MTP driver may be installed.
For Windows? 7 except for N edition, the driver is installed.
Prompt for connection mode
You can choose to be asked to confirm the USB connection when
connecting to a computer.
1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps Key > Settings > PC
connection.
2. Checkmark the Ask upon connecting checkbox to display a USB
selection window each time you connect your device to a PC.
Using the Status Bar to change the connection mode setting
The Status Bar displays the current USB connection mode so you can
easily change the setting as needed.
When connected via USB, the current USB connection mode also appears
on the Notifications panel. Tap the connection setting to display a screen
where you can change the USB connection mode.
NOTE If the Ask upon connecting checkbox is marked, the pop-up message is only provided
during USB connection, but is not provided in the notification area.

LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG USA

cbandy

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a LG G2 .. try this to get to your files: unplug your usb and phone from the computer..then on your phone... go to system settings.. / general TAB../. Developer options / turn off USB debugging... then plug your usb into your computer and phone. It will allow you to see your internal drive on your computer. I then copied data from my phone's internal drive to my computer. Hope this helps you to see your data and copy ok..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude